Re: [jacksongenealogy] Paint Rock

  • John Green
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 26, 2008
      Bill,

      I know the Scottsboro library has a copy and I think the Heritage
      Society may have copies for sale. I think the actual name is "Paint
      Rock Pioneers".

      Cuz John
      On Nov 26, 2008, at 5:54 AM, cagle8185@... wrote:

      > How do you find a copy of Paint Rock Early Pioneers?
      >
      > Bill Cagle

    • Jewel Casey
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 26, 2008
        This book has been out of print for quite some time. The book was done by three wonderful ladies Kittye Vandiver Henshaw, Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver and Evelyn Smith Rochelle. I think it started out being a cemetery book and ended up being a most wonderful history book containing a cemetery book that I have ever seen. Ms. Kittye and Ms. Addie have both passed away and Evelyn Smith Rochelle I think still lives in Huntsville. I don't know who has the printing rights to the book but someone sure need to reprint it. I'm sure someone surely knows how to contact the relatives of one of the authors.

        Jewel

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 26, 2008
          Does this book have a copyright? Maybe someone in the family could get a reprint? I would hate to see such a wonderful book get spammed!!!!!!!

        • nhastings83@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 29, 2008
            I would be very interested in a copy of this book as well. Please let me
            know if anyone knows a way to get it.

            Thanks,
            Nicole Hastings-Bratton

            In a message dated 11/26/2008 11:38:13 A.M. Central Standard Time,
            jcasey@... writes:

            This book has been out of print for quite some time. The book was done by
            three wonderful ladies Kittye Vandiver Henshaw, Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver
            and Evelyn Smith Rochelle. I think it started out being a cemetery book and
            ended up being a most wonderful history book containing a cemetery book that I
            have ever seen. Ms. Kittye and Ms. Addie have both passed away and Evelyn
            Smith Rochelle I think still lives in Huntsville. I don't know who has the
            printing rights to the book but someone sure need to reprint it. I'm sure someone
            surely knows how to contact the relatives of one of the authors.

            Jewel
            How do you find a copy of Paint Rock Early Pioneers?

            Bill Cagle

            AOL.com.

          • Karl Plenge
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 29, 2008
              > I would be very interested in a copy of this book as well. Please let me
              > know if anyone knows a way to get it.

              www.bookfinder.com is a search site that will search a number of bookseller sites and will show both used and new copies that are available.

            • John Green
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 29, 2008
                Another source for rare or historical books, especially if they deal
                with Tennessee or the South:

                Charles and Randy Elder - Booksellers
                2115 Elliston Place
                Nashville, TN 37203

                They also publish and republish similar books, some of which have been
                out of print for many years. Besides, its a treat for a book lover to
                just look at what they have.

                John McCollum Green