Since I am lucky enough to own a copy of PAINT ROCK VALLEY PIONEERS
compiled and published in 1986 by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw, Evelyn Smith
Rochelle, and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver, I will begin an
incremental listing from this book for our out-of-state members.
This is a direct quote of the three authors' prologue to the CLAY CEMETERY:
"This cemetery, located in Township 2 South, Range 4 East, Section 19,
County Road 3 in the Princeton community, is probably the largest
cemetery in Paint Rock Valley. It is adjacent to the Clay Family
Cemetery and the Taliaferro Cemetery, with just a road dividing them.
From this road there is a driveway running north and south that divides
the cemetery almost in the center. We began copying tombstones on the
west side of the drive."
1. Flora Phillips: Feb 6, 1844 - Mar 13, 1922
(NOTE: Flora Phillips was the wife of Levi Phillips and the daughter of
William J.B. Padgett. Marriage Bond: Levi Phillips to Florence A.
Padgett dated Sep 9, 1866, by Wm. Gayle, MG)
2. Harvey Phillips: Jan 9, 1869 - Sept 25, 1896, age 27 yrs, 9 mo, 16 days
3. Benjamin Phillips: Oct 20, 1834 - Mar 11, 1904
4. Mattie (Martha) C. (Padgett), wife of B. Phillips: Aug 28, 1850 -
Feb 15, 1927 (Note by Ann Chambless: they married April 30, 1868)
5. Felix Grant, son of S.F. & S. C. Isaacs: Oct 7, 1882 - Nov 20, 1903
6. Lela Izetta, daughter of H.F. & E. T. Graham: Dec 18, 1891 - Nov
7. John W. Putman: May 1, 1863 - Jan 29, 1900, age 36 yrs, 8 mo, 28 days
8. Mary Jane Putman: Jan 1, 1865 - Aug 17, 1904, age 38 yrs, 7 mo, 16 days
9. Ida Cunningham Hall: Sep 10, 1865 - Oct 5, 1943
10. William T. Hall: May 4, 1865 - June 25, 1949 (Masonic emblem)
11. Betty Putman: Dec 24, 1862 - Mar 20, 1945
12. Hugh F. Graham: Jun 3, 1870 - Feb 25, 1908
13. Eugenia T. Graham: 1868 - 1950
14. Infant of H.f. & E. T. Graham: born & died Mar 16, 1901
NOTE: John W. Putman was the father of Richard Putman and Mary Jane
(Cochran) Putman was the sister of Joseph Mart Cochran. Betty Putman
was the sister of John W. Putman
W. T. Hall (William Thomas Hall) was the son of Thomas W. Hall and Eliza
M. (Collins) Hall. His first wife was Bessie McCullough who is buried
in the McCullough Cemetery.
Ida Cunningham Hall was the second wife of William T. Hall and the
daughter of John J. Cunningham and his first wife, Martha T. (Woodfin)
Cunningham who is buried in the Cunningham Cemetery.
Hugh F. Graham was the son of James F. Graham and his second wife, Mary
J. "Jenny" Russ Graham. He married Eugenia Tate Johnson on Feb 28, 1891.
NOTE BY ABC:
My second installment will follow later today and will begin with J. H.
and Sarah E. Robertson.
Ann B. Chambless
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]