SMITH, GILLASPIE, AND KIRKPATRICK FAMILIES in Jackson County between 1859 and 1879

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2008
      I received this query from Barbara Gillaspie Tsirigotis of Irving,
      Texas, who is not yet a member of our jackson genealogy group. Can
      anyone help her? Barbara's email address is found at the end of this
      message.
      Thanks to anyone who can help her.
      Ann B. Chambless
      SMITH * GILLASPIE * KIRKPATRICK

      Annie E. (maiden name unknown) was married to a man named Smith around
      1859. According to census records, Annie gave birth to 3 children with
      only 1 surviving by 1900, her daughter Martha Ann Smith. Census records
      indicate Annie was born in AL, her was born in father in NC and her
      mother in TN.

      Family stories tell that Mr. Smith was in the Civil War and died in the
      mid to late 1860s from wounds received during the war. Annie E. Smith
      married second to William Terrell Kirkpatrick in Jackson County, AL, in
      November 1879. Mr. Kirkpatrick died in 1880. Annie moved to Yell
      County, Arkansas, to live with her daughter Martha Ann (Smith)
      Gillaspie. Martha married in Jackson County AL to James M. Gillaspie,
      son of Henry Gillaspie. They immediately moved to Arkansas. Martha's
      death certificate lists her father as BEN Smith; however, this
      information was supplied by someone who never knew Mr. Smith.

      If you have any connection to any of the above families, please contact
      me. Barbara Lancaster Tsirigotis, 3008 Vassar Drive, Irving, Texas 75062
      or BLTLan@....