Curtis McCollum Land Patent Records

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2008
      John

      We were talking about two different things, I the Ag Census and you the Land and Deed Records at the same website which has a transcription of the BLM land records.

      The transcription is in error you need to google blm glorecords and look at the actual image of the land patent, it will show that it was for 40.13 acres.

      This link should take you to the website.

      http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/

      Use google search engine the others may take you to other websites. If the link does not work you can just google blm gloreords and that will show the website. After clicking on Land Patent Search I usually use the Standard Search since you can enter more identifying info. If you enter McCollum and Jackson Co. you will see all the McCollum land patents in Jackson Co. after you click on the name you want you can click on Image to see an Image of the actual land patent.

    • John Green
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2008
        Clay,

        Thank you!!

        John

      • cagle8185@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2008
          John,

          How about James McCollom?? I know the spelling is not correct but I am sure it is misspelled. Look at it in BLM.
          This is part of my place today.? J. V. Cagel is next to it and is misspelled so I am sure the same is true for McCollom.
          Let me know if this helps.

          Cuz,
          Bill

          On Nov 7, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Clay Gullatt wrote:

          > John
          > ?
          > We were talking about two different things, I the Ag Census and you
          > the Land and Deed Records at the same website which has a
          > transcription of the BLM land records.
          > ?
          > The transcription is in error you need to google blm glorecords and
          > look at the actual image of the land patent, it will show that it was
          > for 40.13 acres.
          > ?
          > This link should take you to the website.
          > ?
          > http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/
          > ?
          > Use google search engine the others may take you to other websites.
          > If the link does not work you can just google blm gloreords and that
          > will show the website. After clicking on Land Patent Search I usually
          > use the Standard Search since you can enter more identifying info. If
          > you enter McCollum and Jackson Co. you will see all the McCollum land
          > patents in Jackson Co. after you click on the name you want you can
          > click on Image to see an Image of the actual land patent.
          > ?
          > Clay
          > ?
          > ?
          > ?
          > ?
          > ?
          > Clay

        • Clay Gullatt
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 8, 2008
            Bill

            James McCollum 8/1/1849 40.19 Section 18 TS 1 Range 4

            James McCollom 4/2/1857 40.04 Acres Section 17 TS 1 Range 4
            This is the one next (east) to Joseph V. Cagel/Cagle to the west of Joseph V. Cagle is James Riddle and next is the James McCollum 1849 parcel.

            Clay

          • cagle8185@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 9, 2008
              Clay,

              We live on 400 acres located in sec. 17,18, and 7.? The 40.04 you refer to is part of this 400.? The old Riddle home site and the Cagle home site?are?also located in this 400.? The Riddle site chimney and part of a log shed are still standing. Cut stones, spring house, shed and large barn still remain from the Cagle place.

              Bill

              On Nov 7, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Clay Gullatt wrote:

              > John
              > ?
              > We were talking about two different things, I the Ag Census and you
              > the Land and Deed Records at the same website which has a
              > transcription of the BLM land records.
              > ?
              > The transcription is in error you need to google blm glorecords and
              > look at the actual image of the land patent, it will show that it was
              > for 40.13 acres.
              > ?
              > This link should take you to the website.
              > ?
              > http://www.glorecor ds.blm.gov/
              > ?
              > Use google search engine the others may take you to other websites.
              > If the link does not work you can just google blm gloreords and that
              > will show the website. After clicking on Land Patent Search I usually
              > use the Standard Search since you can enter more identifying info. If
              > you enter McCollum and Jackson Co. you will see all the McCollum land
              > patents in Jackson Co. after you click on the name you want you can
              > click on Image to see an Image of the actual land patent.
              > ?
              > Clay
              > ?
              > ?
              > ?
              > ?
              > ?
              > Clay

            • John Green
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 9, 2008
                Bill,

                I think that this James McCollom is in fact the brother of Curtis
                McCollum. This name has been corrupted in many ways since its original
                spelling: MacCallam. The MacCallam clan, to which I belong,
                recognizes many variations including McCallam, McCollum, McCollom, and
                even Malcom, which many of our clan adopted to escape identification as
                rebels against the British Crown. From the late 1600's thru early
                1700's the British exiled many of the MacCallams for supporting Scotch
                rebels. I guess rebellion is just in our blood, since we sided with
                the Confederacy. Unfortunately, we're not very good at picking
                winners.

                Cuz John