Re: [jacksongenealogy] 1850 JACKSON COUNTY AGRICULTURAL CENSUS PLUS MUCH MORE

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 6, 2008
      John

      What the extract from the Ag Census does not show total acres owned. The first two numbers after the owner's name is for a.. Acres of Improved Land b. Acres of Unimproved Land. That means if the second figure is - (meaning zero) then all the land was improved.

      Some people are listed with only value of Farm Implements or Livestock this means they did not own the land they lived on as I see it.

      Clay

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 7, 2008
        Clay,

        I was looking specifically at Curtis McCollum and a land action dated
        1860/09/01 for land in Section 6, Township 1S, Range 4E.

        John

      • John Green
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 7, 2008
          Clay,

          I'm not sure I understand completely. I only see one number in all the
          entries.

          John