Re: [jacksongenealogy] Langston Methodist Church

  • Vrgfdonna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2008
      Cindy, maybe the 16 lots were a gift to the church from Mr. MORGAN. That is
      often
      the case. You would think, however, that there would be a record of
      transfer found
      somewhere.
      Velma

      In a message dated 10/26/2008 12:32:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
      cindysmith9@... writes:

      In the church history it says that Langston got its start in 1869 when Mr.
      James Morgan sold 16 lots. I have also seen this reference to sixteen lots
      sold by James Morgan in a published history of Jackson County. I searched the
      deed records in Jackson County and could not find any record of these sales.
      Does anyone know where those records can be found? James Morgan was my great
      great grandfather.