MANSON and HILL

  • Karl Plenge
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 15, 2008
      From: Karl Plenge
      To: Mike Deen
      Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:56 PM
      Subject: Re: The Romance of the Cremson Scarf

      Here is where the picture of your grandfather is:

      http://southern.railfan.net/ties/1950/50-12/car.html

    • Karl Plenge
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 15, 2008
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 15, 2008
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 16, 2008
            Amazing how small a world it is.I live at Gilmer just 20m north of Longview..My Jackson Cty grandparents W.J. Coyle & Nancy J.Mccarrell were married at Scottsboro 1870 and about 1885 left for Tx.What is strange is W.J.'s father  in 1851 died  in Marshall.Amazing how so many of us have similar family history due to the migration west.Anson

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 16, 2008
              Further research based on the letter from Reba Dunlap to T L Hill, which was
              posted last night.

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 19, 2008
                Making a long story short, after learning a few days ago that "Lizzie" Manson Hill, wife of William R Hill of Paint Rock, had a brother Joseph/Joel C Manson (appeared to go by both), and beginning to research him, myself and several other researchers have uncovered a ton of information on this family that would be impossible to reasonably boil down into a few emails.

                So, for the sake of anyone who might come along in the future researching this family, let me just point you to my RootsWeb data:

                http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=kmplenge&id=I1510

                and say that we are still not 100% certain who the parents of these two siblings are, but I believe the father is Isaac (A or D) Manson, listed in Madison Co in 1850 and 1860. He appears to be widowed in 1850 and remarried in 1860, so the mother's name is still unknown, as is Isaac's lineage and when and from whence he came to AL.

              • Jerry W Birchfield
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 20, 2008
                  Wi

                  Does this help any.  From Madison county register of Marriages:
                  Manson, Isaac A. Winn, Nancy Vol. 4 p. 662 29 Nov 1842

                  http://www.co.madison.al.us/mcrc/

                  Jerry Birchfield

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 20, 2008
                    > Does this help any. From Madison county register of Marriages:
                    > Manson, Isaac A. Winn, Nancy Vol. 4 p. 662 29 Nov 1842

                    Thank you!