My family Names

  • frances_lambert2000
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
      Here are some of the names I am researching : {Johnson,Hawkins, Ballard,
      Coots,} {Clements,Sanders,Shelton,Manning,Letson}
      First goup is my fathers family: Charles Luther Johnson Born: 4 Apr 1898
      His Father James Henry Johnson Born 8 of Apr 1877 TN He married Mary
      Frances Hawkins Born 7 Jan 1876 in Jackson County Al Her father :
      George Hawkins Born:oct 1839 England Her mother:Cordelia Ballard
      Born:abt 1849 in TN Died in Arkansas.This is my dead end on Ballards.

      James Henry Johnsons Father: Bailey Johnson he married Caroline Coots.
      His Father Jefferson Johnson Mother Alley Pendergrass This is My brick
      wall here. Found Jefferson on the 1850 Census Tn Could not find them on
      1860 census Then Alley is on the 1870 census dade county Ga with
      children no Jefferson.

      The next Group are my mothers family have lots of info on them except
      Clements And Letson.
    • Sheila Helton
      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
        What Mannings, and Sheltons are you looking for.  My line involves Mannings, Shelton, Wininger, Lusk.

        Sheila

        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
          I see that you are looking for Shelton famiy information. I have quit
          a few Jackson Co. Sheltons in my family history. Which ones are you
          researching?

          On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, frances_lambert2000 wrote:

          > Here are some of the names I am researching : {Johnson,Hawkins,
          > Ballard,
          > Coots,} {Clements,Sanders,Shelton,Manning,Letson}
          > First goup is my fathers family: Charles Luther Johnson Born: 4 Apr
          > 1898
          > His Father James Henry Johnson Born 8 of Apr 1877 TN He married Mary
          > Frances Hawkins Born 7 Jan 1876 in Jackson County Al Her father :
          > George Hawkins Born:oct 1839 England Her mother:Cordelia Ballard
          > Born:abt 1849 in TN Died in Arkansas.This is my dead end on Ballards.
          >
          > James Henry Johnsons Father: Bailey Johnson he married Caroline Coots.
          > His Father Jefferson Johnson Mother Alley Pendergrass This is My brick
          > wall here. Found Jefferson on the 1850 Census Tn Could not find them
          > on
          > 1860 census Then Alley is on the 1870 census dade county Ga with
          > children no Jefferson.
          >
          > The next Group are my mothers family have lots of info on them except
          > Clements And Letson.

        • James Huffine
          Message 4 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
            Sorry, that would be "quite" a few. My computer Can't spell what I am
            thinking!

          • rgpipes@hughes.net
            Message 5 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
              I have Thomas Riley SHELTON that married Elizabeth (Aunt Ligie) GOLD. I
              also have other SHELTON'S in my family. Riley and Ligie had several
              children one of which was Clarence SHELTON. He had a small store on
              Governors drive in Huntsville for years.
              Regina

              _____

              I see that you are looking for Shelton famiy information. I have quit
              a few Jackson Co. Sheltons in my family history. Which ones are you
              researching?

              On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, frances_lambert2000 wrote:

              > Here are some of the names I am researching : {Johnson,Hawkins,
              > Ballard,
              > Coots,} {Clements,Sanders,Shelton,Manning,Letson}
              > First goup is my fathers family: Charles Luther Johnson Born: 4 Apr
              > 1898
              > His Father James Henry Johnson Born 8 of Apr 1877 TN He married Mary
              > Frances Hawkins Born 7 Jan 1876 in Jackson County Al Her father :
              > George Hawkins Born:oct 1839 England Her mother:Cordelia Ballard
              > Born:abt 1849 in TN Died in Arkansas.This is my dead end on Ballards.
              >
              > James Henry Johnsons Father: Bailey Johnson he married Caroline Coots.
              > His Father Jefferson Johnson Mother Alley Pendergrass This is My brick
              > wall here. Found Jefferson on the 1850 Census Tn Could not find them
              > on
              > 1860 census Then Alley is on the 1870 census dade county Ga with
              > children no Jefferson.
              >
              > The next Group are my mothers family have lots of info on them except
              > Clements And Letson.

              9:21 AM

            • Joy
              Message 6 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
                Regina, In any of your Shelton "stuff", do you have a Jesse Monroe Shelton or Lavinia "Viney" Wilbanks(?) Shelton?

                I see that you are looking for Shelton famiy information. I have quit
                a few Jackson Co. Sheltons in my family history. Which ones are you
                researching?

                On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, frances_lambert2000 wrote:

                > Here are some of the names I am researching : {Johnson,Hawkins,
                > Ballard,
                > Coots,} {Clements,Sanders,Shelton,Manning,Letson}
                > First goup is my fathers family: Charles Luther Johnson Born: 4 Apr
                > 1898
                > His Father James Henry Johnson Born 8 of Apr 1877 TN He married Mary
                > Frances Hawkins Born 7 Jan 1876 in Jackson County Al Her father :
                > George Hawkins Born:oct 1839 England Her mother:Cordelia Ballard
                > Born:abt 1849 in TN Died in Arkansas.This is my dead end on Ballards.
                >
                > James Henry Johnsons Father: Bailey Johnson he married Caroline Coots.
                > His Father Jefferson Johnson Mother Alley Pendergrass This is My brick
                > wall here. Found Jefferson on the 1850 Census Tn Could not find them
                > on
                > 1860 census Then Alley is on the 1870 census dade county Ga with
                > children no Jefferson.
                >
                > The next Group are my mothers family have lots of info on them except
                > Clements And Letson.

                9:21 AM

              • rgpipes@hughes.net
                Message 7 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
                  Sorry to say I haven't gotten to far with the SHELTONS. I really haven't
                  done much on my GOLD family wither. I know that my grandmother Martha GOLD
                  was the daughter of Elijah and Frances WININGER GOLD. If I come across
                  anything I will let you know. Seems like all three families enter married
                  all through my line.
                  Regina

                  _____

                  From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                  yahoogroups.com
                  yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James Huffine
                  Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 2:01 PM
                  To: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                  yahoogroups.com

                  I see that you are looking for Shelton famiy information. I have quit
                  a few Jackson Co. Sheltons in my family history. Which ones are you
                  researching?

                  On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, frances_lambert2000 wrote:

                  > Here are some of the names I am researching : {Johnson,Hawkins,
                  > Ballard,
                  > Coots,} {Clements,Sanders,Shelton,Manning,Letson}
                  > First goup is my fathers family: Charles Luther Johnson Born: 4 Apr
                  > 1898
                  > His Father James Henry Johnson Born 8 of Apr 1877 TN He married Mary
                  > Frances Hawkins Born 7 Jan 1876 in Jackson County Al Her father :
                  > George Hawkins Born:oct 1839 England Her mother:Cordelia Ballard
                  > Born:abt 1849 in TN Died in Arkansas.This is my dead end on Ballards.
                  >
                  > James Henry Johnsons Father: Bailey Johnson he married Caroline Coots.
                  > His Father Jefferson Johnson Mother Alley Pendergrass This is My brick
                  > wall here. Found Jefferson on the 1850 Census Tn Could not find them
                  > on
                  > 1860 census Then Alley is on the 1870 census dade county Ga with
                  > children no Jefferson.
                  >
                  > The next Group are my mothers family have lots of info on them except
                  > Clements And Letson.

                  9:21 AM

                  9:21 AM

                • Joy
                  Message 8 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
                    Thanks for keeping an eye out.

                    From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                    yahoogroups.com
                    yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James Huffine
                    Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 2:01 PM
                    To: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                    yahoogroups.com

                    I see that you are looking for Shelton famiy information. I have quit
                    a few Jackson Co. Sheltons in my family history. Which ones are you
                    researching?

                    On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, frances_lambert2000 wrote:

                    > Here are some of the names I am researching : {Johnson,Hawkins,
                    > Ballard,
                    > Coots,} {Clements,Sanders,Shelton,Manning,Letson}
                    > First goup is my fathers family: Charles Luther Johnson Born: 4 Apr
                    > 1898
                    > His Father James Henry Johnson Born 8 of Apr 1877 TN He married Mary
                    > Frances Hawkins Born 7 Jan 1876 in Jackson County Al Her father :
                    > George Hawkins Born:oct 1839 England Her mother:Cordelia Ballard
                    > Born:abt 1849 in TN Died in Arkansas.This is my dead end on Ballards.
                    >
                    > James Henry Johnsons Father: Bailey Johnson he married Caroline Coots.
                    > His Father Jefferson Johnson Mother Alley Pendergrass This is My brick
                    > wall here. Found Jefferson on the 1850 Census Tn Could not find them
                    > on
                    > 1860 census Then Alley is on the 1870 census dade county Ga with
                    > children no Jefferson.
                    >
                    > The next Group are my mothers family have lots of info on them except
                    > Clements And Letson.

                    9:21 AM

                    9:21 AM

                  • Amanda Schoolfield
                    Message 9 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
                      Do any of you have a Daisy Shelton, she married a Lusk?

                      From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongene alogy%40yahoogro ups.com>
                      yahoogroups. com
                      yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of James Huffine
                      Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 2:01 PM
                      To: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongene alogy%40yahoogro ups.com>
                      yahoogroups. com

                      I see that you are looking for Shelton famiy information. I have quit
                      a few Jackson Co. Sheltons in my family history. Which ones are you
                      researching?

                      On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, frances_lambert2000 wrote:

                      > Here are some of the names I am researching : {Johnson,Hawkins,
                      > Ballard,
                      > Coots,} {Clements,Sanders, Shelton,Manning, Letson}
                      > First goup is my fathers family: Charles Luther Johnson Born: 4 Apr
                      > 1898
                      > His Father James Henry Johnson Born 8 of Apr 1877 TN He married Mary
                      > Frances Hawkins Born 7 Jan 1876 in Jackson County Al Her father :
                      > George Hawkins Born:oct 1839 England Her mother:Cordelia Ballard
                      > Born:abt 1849 in TN Died in Arkansas.This is my dead end on Ballards.
                      >
                      > James Henry Johnsons Father: Bailey Johnson he married Caroline Coots.
                      > His Father Jefferson Johnson Mother Alley Pendergrass This is My brick
                      > wall here. Found Jefferson on the 1850 Census Tn Could not find them
                      > on
                      > 1860 census Then Alley is on the 1870 census dade county Ga with
                      > children no Jefferson.
                      >
                      > The next Group are my mothers family have lots of info on them except
                      > Clements And Letson.

                      9:21 AM

                      9:21 AM

                    • Joy
                      Message 10 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
                        Sorry Amanda, I have no Daisy.

                        From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongene alogy%40yahoogro ups.com>
                        yahoogroups. com
                        yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of James Huffine
                        Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 2:01 PM
                        To: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongene alogy%40yahoogro ups.com>
                        yahoogroups. com

                        I see that you are looking for Shelton famiy information. I have quit
                        a few Jackson Co. Sheltons in my family history. Which ones are you
                        researching?

                        On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, frances_lambert2000 wrote:

                        > Here are some of the names I am researching : {Johnson,Hawkins,
                        > Ballard,
                        > Coots,} {Clements,Sanders, Shelton,Manning, Letson}
                        > First goup is my fathers family: Charles Luther Johnson Born: 4 Apr
                        > 1898
                        > His Father James Henry Johnson Born 8 of Apr 1877 TN He married Mary
                        > Frances Hawkins Born 7 Jan 1876 in Jackson County Al Her father :
                        > George Hawkins Born:oct 1839 England Her mother:Cordelia Ballard
                        > Born:abt 1849 in TN Died in Arkansas.This is my dead end on Ballards.
                        >
                        > James Henry Johnsons Father: Bailey Johnson he married Caroline Coots.
                        > His Father Jefferson Johnson Mother Alley Pendergrass This is My brick
                        > wall here. Found Jefferson on the 1850 Census Tn Could not find them
                        > on
                        > 1860 census Then Alley is on the 1870 census dade county Ga with
                        > children no Jefferson.
                        >
                        > The next Group are my mothers family have lots of info on them except
                        > Clements And Letson.

                        9:21 AM

                        9:21 AM

                      • Amanda Schoolfield
                        Message 11 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
                          Thanks, Joy!

                          From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongene alogy%40yahoogro ups.com>
                          yahoogroups. com
                          yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of James Huffine
                          Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 2:01 PM
                          To: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongene alogy%40yahoogro ups.com>
                          yahoogroups. com

                          I see that you are looking for Shelton famiy information. I have quit
                          a few Jackson Co. Sheltons in my family history. Which ones are you
                          researching?

                          On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, frances_lambert2000 wrote:

                          > Here are some of the names I am researching : {Johnson,Hawkins,
                          > Ballard,
                          > Coots,} {Clements,Sanders, Shelton,Manning, Letson}
                          > First goup is my fathers family: Charles Luther Johnson Born: 4 Apr
                          > 1898
                          > His Father James Henry Johnson Born 8 of Apr 1877 TN He married Mary
                          > Frances Hawkins Born 7 Jan 1876 in Jackson County Al Her father :
                          > George Hawkins Born:oct 1839 England Her mother:Cordelia Ballard
                          > Born:abt 1849 in TN Died in Arkansas.This is my dead end on Ballards.
                          >
                          > James Henry Johnsons Father: Bailey Johnson he married Caroline Coots.
                          > His Father Jefferson Johnson Mother Alley Pendergrass This is My brick
                          > wall here. Found Jefferson on the 1850 Census Tn Could not find them
                          > on
                          > 1860 census Then Alley is on the 1870 census dade county Ga with
                          > children no Jefferson.
                          >
                          > The next Group are my mothers family have lots of info on them except
                          > Clements And Letson.

                          9:21 AM

                          9:21 AM

                        • frances_lambert2000
                          Message 12 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
                            This is from the Shelton, Winingerand Pace family Book :
                            Daisy Ann Shelton Is the Daughter of WilliamPace Shelton and Margaret
                            Ann (Wright) Shelton. Daisy was bornon august 13 1884 in jackson
                            ccounty Al.Daisy Shelton Married Ben Lusk. Ben is the son of Marion
                            Lusk and Mary Elizabeth (Bell) Lusk. Benn's Sister Zinia Marred
                            Daisy's brother Delbert Benn's sister Florence married Luther B
                            Shelton. Ben and Daisy were the Parents of six children
                            William Gordon , Virgil Marion , Henry Otis ,Leon, Roberta, Edward
                            You may want to try this site: www.rcasey.net

                            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Amanda Schoolfield
                            <aschoolfield@...> wrote:

                            > Do any of you have a Daisy Shelton, she married a Lusk?

                            9/15/2008
                            > 9:21 AM

                            9/15/2008
                            > 9:21 AM

                          • Amanda Schoolfield
                            Message 13 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
                               Thanks, Francis!  William Gordon Lusk was my grandfather!  I will check out that site for sure.  Are these related to your Sheltons at all?

                              <aschoolfield@ ...> wrote:

                              > Do any of you have a Daisy Shelton, she married a Lusk?

                              9/15/2008
                              > 9:21 AM

                              9/15/2008
                              > 9:21 AM

                            • Regina Pipes
                              Message 14 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
                                As in all second hand information you need to verify it. I have found some
                                mistakes in CASEY'S book WININGER/SHELTON AND PACE FAMILIES. HE is always
                                gracious about any proven corrections or updates you may have to his book.

                                Regina

                                From: frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...
                                <mailto:frances_lambert2000%40yahoo.com> >
                                To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                                <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                                Date: Monday, September 15, 2008, 3:14 PM

                                <aschoolfield@ ...> wrote:

                                > Do any of you have a Daisy Shelton, she married a Lusk?

                                9/15/2008
                                > 9:21 AM

                                9/15/2008
                                > 9:21 AM

                                6:49 PM

                              • Regina Pipes
                                Message 15 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
                                  Notice that Ruth had a daughter that married a SHELTON. It is always good
                                  to research other branches of our tree sometimes we almost come full circle.

                                  Deceased Name: Ruth Cornelison Lusk

                                  Died April 25, 2007

                                  Ruth Cornelison Lusk, 84 of Scottsboro died Wednesday. Mrs. Lusk was
                                  preceded in death by her husband Richard Howard Lusk Sr.; son, Larry D.
                                  Lusk; parents Willis and Minnie Cornelison; grandson, Jonathan Howard; five
                                  brothers; and two sisters. Survivors include four sons Richard H. Lusk Jr.
                                  of Bremen, Ga., Paul T. Lusk of Scottsboro, Dwight D. Lusk of Jamestown,
                                  Mo., and Gaylon K. Lusk of Scottsboro; four daughters, Sylvia Martin of
                                  Scottsboro, Carolyn Shelton of Skyline, Patricia Bellomy of Scottsboro, and
                                  Deborah Med- lock of Roopville, Ga.; 18 grandchildren and 19 great-
                                  grandchildren. The funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. today at
                                  Scottsboro Funeral Home with the Rev. David Paradise and the Rev. Richard
                                  Tyler officiating. Burial will follow in Pinehaven Memorial Gardens.

                                  From: frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...
                                  <mailto:frances_lambert2000%40yahoo.com> >
                                  To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                                  <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                                  Date: Monday, September 15, 2008, 3:14 PM

                                  <aschoolfield@ ...> wrote:

                                  > Do any of you have a Daisy Shelton, she married a Lusk?

                                  9/15/2008
                                  > 9:21 AM

                                  9/15/2008
                                  > 9:21 AM

                                  6:49 PM

                                • Amanda Schoolfield
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
                                    Isn't that the truth?!  Thanks Regina! I'm going to see if I can find this branch in any of my notes.

                                    From: frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000 @...
                                    <mailto:frances_ lambert2000% 40yahoo.com> >
                                    To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
                                    <mailto:jacksongene alogy%40yahoogro ups.com>
                                    Date: Monday, September 15, 2008, 3:14 PM

                                    <aschoolfield@ ...> wrote:

                                    > Do any of you have a Daisy Shelton, she married a Lusk?

                                    9/15/2008
                                    > 9:21 AM

                                    9/15/2008
                                    > 9:21 AM

                                    6:49 PM

                                  • Vrgfdonna@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
                                      Sheila,
                                      My gr, gr grandmother, Mary Ann MCCORD PADGETT (Mrs. W.J.B.),
                                      had a sister, Margaret MCCORD, who married Joseph LUSK in Jackson
                                      Co. in the 1850s. Who are your LUSKS?
                                      Velma

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Sep 16, 2008
                                        Here is my Shelton connection:my Grandfather James Frank Clements his
                                        father was Walter Hugh Clements Mother:Lucinda Manning.
                                        Lucinda's Father was William C Manning Her mother was Nancy Jane
                                        Shelton. Nancy is the daughter of Noah Shelton And Rebecca Mitchell.

                                        Walter Hugh Clements Is my Brick Wall Here. Family Story Goes thet He
                                        Came Here after getting in some trouble and changed his name.
                                        May never know.

                                        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, James Huffine
                                        <jameshuffine@...> wrote:

                                        > I see that you are looking for Shelton famiy information. I have
                                        quit
                                        > a few Jackson Co. Sheltons in my family history. Which ones are
                                        you
                                        > researching?
                                        >
                                        > On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, frances_lambert2000 wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > Here are some of the names I am researching : {Johnson,Hawkins,
                                        > > Ballard,
                                        > > Coots,} {Clements,Sanders,Shelton,Manning,Letson}
                                        > > First goup is my fathers family: Charles Luther Johnson Born: 4
                                        Apr
                                        > > 1898
                                        > > His Father James Henry Johnson Born 8 of Apr 1877 TN He married
                                        Mary
                                        > > Frances Hawkins Born 7 Jan 1876 in Jackson County Al Her father :
                                        > > George Hawkins Born:oct 1839 England Her mother:Cordelia Ballard
                                        > > Born:abt 1849 in TN Died in Arkansas.This is my dead end on
                                        Ballards.

                                        > > James Henry Johnsons Father: Bailey Johnson he married Caroline
                                        Coots.
                                        > > His Father Jefferson Johnson Mother Alley Pendergrass This is My
                                        brick
                                        > > wall here. Found Jefferson on the 1850 Census Tn Could not find
                                        them
                                        > > on
                                        > > 1860 census Then Alley is on the 1870 census dade county Ga with
                                        > > children no Jefferson.
                                        > >
                                        > > The next Group are my mothers family have lots of info on them
                                        except
                                        > > Clements And Letson.

                                      • Jimmie Ryan
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Sep 16, 2008
                                          Is this part of the Cornelison family of Jackson, a daughter will marry
                                          Elijah III; and live in Bowie, Texas (Elijah and Rebecca Cornelison
                                          Brashear/Brasher).

                                          > Notice that Ruth had a daughter that married a SHELTON. It is always good
                                          > to research other branches of our tree sometimes we almost come full
                                          > circle.
                                          >

                                          > Deceased Name: Ruth Cornelison Lusk
                                          >
                                          > Died April 25, 2007
                                          >
                                          > Ruth Cornelison Lusk, 84 of Scottsboro died Wednesday. Mrs. Lusk was
                                          > preceded in death by her husband Richard Howard Lusk Sr.; son, Larry D.
                                          > Lusk; parents Willis and Minnie Cornelison; grandson, Jonathan Howard;
                                          > five
                                          > brothers; and two sisters. Survivors include four sons Richard H. Lusk Jr.
                                          > of Bremen, Ga., Paul T. Lusk of Scottsboro, Dwight D. Lusk of Jamestown,
                                          > Mo., and Gaylon K. Lusk of Scottsboro; four daughters, Sylvia Martin of
                                          > Scottsboro, Carolyn Shelton of Skyline, Patricia Bellomy of Scottsboro,
                                          > and
                                          > Deborah Med- lock of Roopville, Ga.; 18 grandchildren and 19 great-
                                          > grandchildren. The funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. today at
                                          > Scottsboro Funeral Home with the Rev. David Paradise and the Rev. Richard
                                          > Tyler officiating. Burial will follow in Pinehaven Memorial Gardens.

                                        • Sheila Helton
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Sep 17, 2008
                                            I haven't done a lot of research on the Lusk family yet.  My gggrandmother was Mary Caldonia Lusk who married John Soloman Wininger.  My ggrandmother was Dovie Melinda Shelton who married Samuel Benton Wininger.

                                            ************ **Psssst. ..Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog,
                                            (http://www.stylelis t.com/trends? ncid=aolsty00050 000000014)

                                          • Vrgfdonna@aol.com
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Sep 17, 2008
                                              Thanks for your response. As you can see, the LUSKS are not my family, but
                                              they are close to it. I was just curious.
                                              Velma

                                              In a message dated 9/17/2008 9:28:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
                                              sghelton@... writes:

                                              I haven't done a lot of research on the Lusk family yet. My gggrandmother
                                              was Mary Caldonia Lusk who married John Soloman Wininger. My ggrandmother was
                                              Dovie Melinda Shelton who married Samuel Benton Wininger.

                                            • Donna McDaniel
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Sep 17, 2008
                                                I am looking for a "Dicie", "Dica?" Shelton that married William Eugene Goodman.  Does this name ring a bell with anyone?

                                                donna

                                                <jameshuffine@ ...> wrote:

                                                > I see that you are looking for Shelton famiy information. I have
                                                quit
                                                > a few Jackson Co. Sheltons in my family history. Which ones are
                                                you
                                                > researching?
                                                >
                                                > On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, frances_lambert2000 wrote:
                                                >
                                                > > Here are some of the names I am researching : {Johnson,Hawkins,
                                                > > Ballard,
                                                > > Coots,} {Clements,Sanders, Shelton,Manning, Letson}
                                                > > First goup is my fathers family: Charles Luther Johnson Born: 4
                                                Apr
                                                > > 1898
                                                > > His Father James Henry Johnson Born 8 of Apr 1877 TN He married
                                                Mary
                                                > > Frances Hawkins Born 7 Jan 1876 in Jackson County Al Her father :
                                                > > George Hawkins Born:oct 1839 England Her mother:Cordelia Ballard
                                                > > Born:abt 1849 in TN Died in Arkansas.This is my dead end on
                                                Ballards.

                                                > > James Henry Johnsons Father: Bailey Johnson he married Caroline
                                                Coots.
                                                > > His Father Jefferson Johnson Mother Alley Pendergrass This is My
                                                brick
                                                > > wall here. Found Jefferson on the 1850 Census Tn Could not find
                                                them
                                                > > on
                                                > > 1860 census Then Alley is on the 1870 census dade county Ga with
                                                > > children no Jefferson.
                                                > >
                                                > > The next Group are my mothers family have lots of info on them
                                                except
                                                > > Clements And Letson.

                                              • Regina Pipes
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Sep 17, 2008
                                                  What time period are you looking at?

                                                  Regina

                                                  From: frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...
                                                  <mailto:frances_lambert2000%40yahoo.com> >
                                                  To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                                                  <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                                                  Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 8:46 AM

                                                  <jameshuffine@ ...> wrote:

                                                  > I see that you are looking for Shelton famiy information. I have
                                                  quit
                                                  > a few Jackson Co. Sheltons in my family history. Which ones are
                                                  you
                                                  > researching?
                                                  >
                                                  > On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:50 AM, frances_lambert2000 wrote:
                                                  >
                                                  > > Here are some of the names I am researching : {Johnson,Hawkins,
                                                  > > Ballard,
                                                  > > Coots,} {Clements,Sanders, Shelton,Manning, Letson}
                                                  > > First goup is my fathers family: Charles Luther Johnson Born: 4
                                                  Apr
                                                  > > 1898
                                                  > > His Father James Henry Johnson Born 8 of Apr 1877 TN He married
                                                  Mary
                                                  > > Frances Hawkins Born 7 Jan 1876 in Jackson County Al Her father :
                                                  > > George Hawkins Born:oct 1839 England Her mother:Cordelia Ballard
                                                  > > Born:abt 1849 in TN Died in Arkansas.This is my dead end on
                                                  Ballards.

                                                  > > James Henry Johnsons Father: Bailey Johnson he married Caroline
                                                  Coots.
                                                  > > His Father Jefferson Johnson Mother Alley Pendergrass This is My
                                                  brick
                                                  > > wall here. Found Jefferson on the 1850 Census Tn Could not find
                                                  them
                                                  > > on
                                                  > > 1860 census Then Alley is on the 1870 census dade county Ga with
                                                  > > children no Jefferson.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > The next Group are my mothers family have lots of info on them
                                                  except
                                                  > > Clements And Letson.

                                                  5:07 PM

                                                • Vicki L. Hill
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Sep 18, 2008
                                                    >I am looking for a "Dicie", "Dica?" Shelton that married William Eugene
                                                    >Goodman. Does this name ring a bell with anyone?

                                                    I can't help you on this specific one, but note that Dicie was often short
                                                    for "Laodice"; similarly, Vicie was often short for "Lavicia". In old
                                                    handwriting, Dicie and Vicie may look somewhat the same, so always include
                                                    these two longer forms in your searches. (I have these family names back in
                                                    Georgia, so I've 'been there, done that' with these names.)

                                                    Vicki Hill
                                                  • meg10135967
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , May 19, 2013
                                                      hi!
                                                      My name is Elaine Goodman. Eugene and Dicie were my grandparents. He died before I was born but I was blessed with my sweet Granny Goodman until I was in 2nd grade.

                                                      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Donna McDaniel <donna_m_mcdaniel@...> wrote:

                                                      > I am looking for a "Dicie", "Dica?" Shelton that married William Eugene Goodman.  Does this name ring a bell with anyone?
                                                      >
                                                      > donna

                                                    • waynette davis
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , May 19, 2013
                                                        I have some Dicey's in my family, but out of pocket at the moment and can
                                                        reply later in detail later. . Is the Dicey to whom your refer buried in
                                                        Center Point Cemetery in the community of Pikeville near Scottsboro? Check
                                                        out that cemetery if, yes to that question. Waynette Davis

                                                      • Elaine Goodman
                                                        Message 27 of 28 , May 19, 2013
                                                          Dixie Ann Shelton Goodman is buried in Rainsville at "Burnt Church".

                                                          Elaine

                                                        • Elaine Goodman
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , May 20, 2013
                                                            I wrote "Dixie Ann" Should have been Dicie Ann.