RE: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Jackson Co., AL Civil War Veterans-- Richard McCul...

  • Jimmie Ryan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29 10:29 AM
      Thanks Clay, the only thing you need to do to the URL is remove the last
      part of it "mcrc/ as the web site will not allow you to go past the home
      page. It is a good site for current news of the county, it has what looks
      like a great Historical News; and a virtual library that appears to show
      many records; I am not sure what can be made of it as the Genealogy classes
      are only held at the Huntsville Library. Will look more into this site,
      thanks again Clay. I have many of my Brasure/Brashear/Brazier's married in
      that county prior to 1850; and some born there after the Mississippi
      Territory became part of Alabama. Always nice to get some new sources
      going.

      Jimmie

      From: RKi4222422@... <RKi4222422@...>
      Richard McCul...
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 5:43 PM

      Can anyone supply information on migration patterns and conditions. I have a

      Gideon Gifford b. AL 1811 and Lucinda ---?--- b. 1817 NC. AL did not become
      a state until 1819. It had been Indian land. How were they in AL before it
      became a state?

      ************ **Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
      FanHouse Fantasy Football today.
      (http://www.fanhouse .com/fantasyaffa ir?ncid=aolspr00 050000000020)