Re: Jackson Co., AL Civil War Veterans-- Richard McCulley?

  • my_nana93309
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2008
      Clay... Thanks you for replying. The Richard J McCulley you list is
      not my Richard McCulley.

      The "McCulley, Richard born 1832, died 1873, buried Jackson County"
      that is found on the following list has the correct birth/death dates
      for mine, but to my knowledge he never served in the Civil War due to
      illness (consumption).

      http://files.usgwarchives.org/al/jackson/cemeteries/civil-war-
      burials.txt

      This file was posted by Linda Ayers whom I contacted re her source.
      She has lost the source due to computer problems.

      If anyone has a source for this information I would be very
      grateful. Richard McCulley was born and died in the Paint Rock area,
      and is buried on top of Keel Mtn in the old Keel Family Cemetery.

      pat

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Clay Gullatt
      <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

      > Pat
      >
      > The only listing  for a Richard MacCulley/McCulley I found at the
      Alabama Department of Archives and History was as follows:

      > Richard J. McCulley Pvt. Enlisted 27 May 1861 (from combined
      service record) differs from ADAH which says 11 Jun 1861 which is the
      date of the Company Muster Roll in Greene Co. AL.
      > Co. B, 11th AL Inf.
      > Eutaw Co. AL place of residence at time of enlistment
      > Nova Scotia, place of birth
      > Single
      > Occup: Mechanic
      > Died of wounds received at battle of Duries Bluff May 1862
      > Authority: Historical Record Roll signed near Petersburg 31 Dec
      1864.

      > There is a R. J. McCulley listed but it is the Richard J.
      >
      > He is also listed at the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System.
      >
      > Is this your Richard?
      >
      > Clay

      Richard McCulley?
      > To: "jacksongenealogy" <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 12:21 AM
      >

      > Can someone tell me if there is a listing of Jackson Co., AL Civil
      War Veterans? Supposedly Richard McCulley is on this list.