Collins

  • gregthomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2001
      I am searching for the parents of Samuel Houston Collins born 1851 in either Jackson County Alabama or possibly Tennessee. He died in 1921 in Morris County, Texas. He married Lucinda (Lou Endie) Culver, June 20, 1874 in Jackson County Alabama. Sam and Lou Endie lived in Section, Alabama, Jackson County until the early 1900's, when they along with their Children and Lou Endie's Father , David Culver and his sister Lucrecia Culver, moved to Morris County, Texas. All of Sam and Lou Endies Children were born in Jackson County Alabama except one who was born in Texas when Lou Endie was 50 yrs old.

      Samuel Houston's Parents were supposedly part Native American. He had one brother, name unknown, who left for Texas when he was 18 and was never heard from again.

      I've had no luck finding Samuel Houston on the Jackson County Census. But did find a Sam H. age 17 Born in TN living in the household of Nancy Collins age 39 born in TN, no husband listed as dead or divorced, along with a William G. born in TN in the 1870 Census. Which is the right age for my S. H. Collins.

      I do know that Samuel's father died and his mother remarried at some point . Still no names known.

      Also, on Samuel Houston's Death Record his Father is listed as Houston Collins.

      Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.