Re: Questions about Griffin keith

  • Robert Schneider
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2008
      Hi!

      Thanks for rechecking the census for me. It sure is odd that both G.W. and Griffin show up in the county in 1855 and in 1855. However, they're not to be found in the 1850 census, or as best I can tell, in the ag census.

      You are right that the brothers were in Pope by 1856. Interesting thing, brother Beorge W., did do land buying in Pope County. It turns out that his buying was done at the state level. He simply passed his federal land bounty to the state. He actually bought in 1853 according to IL state records.

      Robert Schneider