Walkers

  • Richard Matthews
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 1999
      Hi, I am researching the Walker family of Jackson Co., Al. Do you have
      information on Eleanor Walker B. 1836 that married James (Puncheon Jim)
      Matthew's? I would like to correspond with some of their descendants.
      My husbands grandfather was James M. (Jim) Walker that married
      Kate Harris. My husbands mother was Ida Ruth Walker, her sister was Pauline
      Walker and their brother was Reid Walker. My records are a real mess. I
      find the Walkers a very hard line to follow. The best I can make out is
      Jeremiah Walker who died in 1867 was the father of Eleanor Mathews, wife of
      James Mathews. She would be a sister to my husbands great-grandfather,
      James
      Walker B. Dec ll, 1829 and married first Adaline Young daughter of Stephen
      Young and next he married Margaret L. Francis.

      I am researching several names from Jackson Co. Pettitt, Creasman, Guffey,
      Brewer, Poindexter, Walker, Harris, Arendales

      Weaflower@...

      Jackie Pettitt