  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2008
      Karen

      The 1860 St. Clair has William A. listed as William W. age 24 b. SC but the Civil War records show a William A. Pigg age 26 20 Mar 1862 in St. Clair Co. AL Co. H 30th Reg't AL Inf as a Pvt. Records show he was at Camp Curry near Tallladega AL 31 Mar 1862 muster in date 20 Mar 1862 age 26 Capt. Woodward's Ci, AK Volunteers.

      On Roll of POW's paroled at Vicksburg MS 8 Jul 1863, captured at Vicksburg 4 Jul 1863 as a 2nd LT.Other record says were furloughed at Enterprise MS about 22 July.. Signed a statement that he would not take up arms against the US, nor any service with the Confeds.

      LT W. A. Pigg 30th AL Reg't on leave 9 Feb 1864 and 6 Apr 1864 Dept and  Army of TN Johnston

      LT W.A. Pigg 30th Reg't AL Sick near Atlanta 20 Aug 1864

      POW Roll Talladega AL W. A. Pigg Pvt Co.H 30th AL paroled 22 May 1865.

      On the 1860 living next door to William A. Pigg is apparently his father and mother Erasmus 40 and Eliza 15. Eliza's age is indexed  wrong I read it as 45 from the 1850 census it's 47.

      I found them on the 1850 Chesterfield District, Chesterfield Co. SC

      House/Family 847
      Erasmus Pigg 40 Farmer SC
      Eliza 37 SC
      Orvin 15 Farmer SC (this I believe should be Arvin and is William A.) all children b.SC
      Austin 13
      Emaline 11
      James L 4
      Happatilla A. 2
      Young 6 months (Joseph)
      Susanna 78 VA
      Brittain Kirkpatrick 67 Laborer

      Susanna/Sannah Pigg is on the 1840/30 census.

      Austin Pigg is listed on the 1860 /70 census in Harris Co. GA.

    • Clay Gullatt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2008
        Karen

        Got a new computer and keyboard so sometimes strange things happen, like sending messsage before you are ready and have them spelled checked!

        Should be Capt. Woodward's Co. AL Volunteers.

        I will download and email you the pages from William's combined service record, the files in NARA that are on www.footnote.com . To get his full service record you will have to order it from the AL Dept of Archives and History. If he or his widow received a pension there maybe a low more info in it.

        Will someone who has the 1907 Civil War pension index check to see if he is on it?

        Clay