Samuel B (Baldwin) Davis

  • randy-davis@ti.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2001
      Does anyone have any information on one of my long lost relatives. I
      am at a stumbling block.

      See my home page at
      http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/d/a/v/Randy-D-Davis/?
      Welcome=985388926

      Looking for more information on roots of Samuel B Davis.

      DAVIS FAMILY TREE

      This family tree is being updated by Randy Davis. The purpose of this
      is to document the Davis family tree line for all my family and
      relatives to use. If you have any additional information on relatives
      here or not shown that I have not found yet please let me know.

      Please note I have found the original land grant information from
      Jackson County Alabama for my relative Samuel Baldwin Davis, land
      granted 1839. Also, have other land grant information on William
      Davis Senior located near Samuel's land granted to William on 1831. I
      suspect that William is either Samuel's father or close relative but
      no definite link. If you have any information you can share on this
      it would be appreciate.

      1850 Alabama Census, Jackson County:(District 21 Household 171)
      Samuel B. Davis - Age 53 Farmer, Born NC
      Nancy - Age 45, Born GA
      Martha - Age 12, Thomas - Age 16, D.B. Age 1 (This is Daniel Boone
      Davis), Nancy - Age 14, Sara - Age 10, Samuel B.B. - Age 7,
      John Patrick - Age 6, Henry - Age 19, Martha - Age 18.

      I do know that there is a Davis Cementary Located near Hollytree
      Alabama. It is also mentioned in the Book " Paint Rock Pioneers" by
      Addie Shaver. Also, I have found reference on 1809 Census of Madison
      County in Tessessee Valley of Samuel Davis (not sure same but suspect
      since same area). Samuel and William I believe are one of the early
      pioneer families of the the Tennessee Valley.

      If you have any information that can help me on my family tree search
      it would be appreicated. Please send me an email to
      ranjan@... or randy-davis@....