Atkerson/Hogwood/abbott

  • STAFA
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 27, 2008
      I have been trying to send message, for close to a week. My last post on the Atkerson family was answered by Barbara Pierce and this is the 5th attempt to reply. Is any one seeing my posts?

      charles
      1.931.425.6789

    • Clay Gullatt
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 27, 2008
        Charles

        Your messages are being posted.

        Clay

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 27, 2008
          Charles

          I searched the posts and your messaage on the 24 and this one today are the only ones I found for this year.

          Clay

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 28, 2008
            4th attempt

            Barbara;

            As I have pieced the family togather, I believe they had 11 children. Three of them went to Oklahoma, primarly the Sallisaw in Sequoyah County area. Two sons and a daughter. They are part of my first wife mother's family (Rolands, Wiswell, Pitts, Hogwood, Abbott and Atkerson).

            What I am interested in is where in Jackson County did they live and where are most of them buried that remained in Jackson County.

            Also are there any decendents of Joseph Thomas and Martha Lula (Carroll) Atkerson living in the Jackson county area today (Blancet, Abbott, Jones or Owens for a few).

            Charles

            Charles Wesley Smith
            1387 Ardmore Highway
            Taft, TN 38488-5133
            1.932.425.6789

          • Barbara Pearce
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 28, 2008
              --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "STAFA" <stafa@...> wrote:

              > I have been trying to send message, for close to a week. My last
              post on the Atkerson family was answered by Barbara Pierce and this
              is the 5th attempt to reply. Is any one seeing my posts?

              > charles
              > 1.931.425.6789

              Sorry, Charles, I have been ill and have not been on the computer.

              Avis Atkerson Abbott was my grandmother. She died before I was born.
              Jeremiah Marion Abbott, Grandpa Jerry, died when I was very small. I
              do remember going to his funeral. My father Henry Thomas Abbott was
              born in 1877and was age 60 when I was born. He was Avis and Jerry's
              second oldest son and was named for his two grandfathers, Thomas
              Atkerson and Henry Marion Abbott. The Hogwoods were connected when
              James Franklin Hogwood married Fannie Parilee Abbott daughter of
              Henry Marion Abbott.

              If you have any questions, let me know what you need. I have been
              researching for several years. I plan someday to post everything at
              Ancestry.com

              Barbara Abbott Pearce
            • STAFA
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 28, 2008
                No Barbara;

                Not your problem, it was a system clitch. Clay has been working the issue, the system was rejecting a number of my message as possible spam. Not sure of the problem. I will be getting with you in the next day or so.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 29, 2008
                  Barbara;

                  Tried to lose all the extra trash below; but it would not let me delete everything, either all or nothing.

                  Well here goes:

                  First -

                  My first wife, Lola Mae (Taylor) Smith (died on 4 Feb 2008) and Franklin Delano "Frank" Atkerson are second cousins.

                  Frank is the son of Waite Bryant and Elsie Mae (Rowland) Atkerson (both deceased).

                  Waitie is the son of Solomon W "Sol"and Nora B (Hasting) Atkerson (both deceased).

                  Sol is the son of Jefferson Davis "Jeff" and Margaret Leona (Abbott) Atkerson (both deceased).

                  Jeff is the son of Joseph Thomas "Tom" and Martha Lula (Carroll) Atkerson (both deceased). Jeff is the brother of your grandmother, Avis Alabama (Atkerson) Abbott.

                  Second -

                  My first wife, Lola Mae (Taylor) Smith (died on 4 Feb 2008) and Carolyn Sue (Hogwood) Griffen are first cousins once removed.

                  Carolyn Sue is the daughter of Bessie Mae (Pitts) and James Henry "Jim" Hogwood. (both deceased).

                  Jim is the son of Dora Belle (Clemens) and George Henry Hogwood (both deceased).

                  George is the son of Fannie Parilee "Pearl" (abbott) and James Franklin Hogwood (both deceased). Fannie is the sister of your grandfather, Jeremiah Marion "Jerry" Abbott.

                  The previous emails that were being rejected was because I have the URL of my web site listed in my signature block it http:// stafa.gq.nu you will have to cut and paste and delete the space between the "/ and s"

                  I live in Taft, Lincoln, TN, just a few miles from Jackson County, TN.

                  Charles
                  1.931.425.6789