COL. A. A. RUSSELL, 4TH AL CALVARY

  • macatjax
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2008
      I am wondering if anyone knows anything about Col. Russell who was a
      physician from Stevenson. Some of the sons of my families fought with
      him in the Civil War. I had heard that he moved to Mexico after the
      War and never swore allegiance to the U. S.

      Most people in Jackson Co. are aware of the Russell family of horse
      racing fame.

      I am not related to any of the Russells....just wondering if anyone
      knew about Col. Russell.

      M. Johnson
    • Stirling Young
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2008
        My grt granddad Walker Jones Coyle served in the 4th Al Cav but I have not done much research on the unit.Granddad was captured near Huntsville in 1864 and sent to Ft.Delaware Prison.probably several others captured from the 4th at the same time and gramps moved to Scottsboro after release.