Orphan records

  • robert_s_63134
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 22, 2008
      I recently became aware that there were orphan records from Jackson
      County, dating from 1820-1830. The LDS did microfilm the records. I
      will be viewing that microfilm on Tuesday. If anyone has family names
      from that period, I will do my best to check them for you. Remember,
      this is from 1820 to 1830.

      Robert Schneider
    • Janet Wright
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 23, 2008
        Robert, I would be very interested in any Blanchet / Blancett /
        Blansit orphan records in that time period. Thank you!

        Janet Wright

        On Jun 22, 2008, at 12:29 PM, robert_s_63134 wrote:

        > I recently became aware that there were orphan records from Jackson
        > County, dating from 1820-1830. The LDS did microfilm the records. I
        > will be viewing that microfilm on Tuesday. If anyone has family names
        > from that period, I will do my best to check them for you. Remember,
        > this is from 1820 to 1830.
        >
        > Robert Schneider

      • Brenda Lillard
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 24, 2008
          Any McCloud's listed? Thanks Brenda L
          Robert, I would be very interested in any Blanchet / Blancett /
          Blansit orphan records in that time period. Thank you!

          Janet Wright

          On Jun 22, 2008, at 12:29 PM, robert_s_63134 wrote:

          > I recently became aware that there were orphan records from Jackson
          > County, dating from 1820-1830. The LDS did microfilm the records. I
          > will be viewing that microfilm on Tuesday. If anyone has family names
          > from that period, I will do my best to check them for you. Remember,
          > this is from 1820 to 1830.
          >
          > Robert Schneider

        • Sharon Dover Romanek
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 24, 2008
            I would be interested in the Blancet/Blanchett/Blancit names as well Robert. Hope it is not too late. I imagine if you sent them to Janet you could forward the message to me if you do not post it to the list.

            Thanks
            Sharon Dover Romanek
            Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
            Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

            Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

            I hear ethereal whispers, persuasive,
            soft and still, "Daughter, if you don't
            remember us, who will ?"
            Robert, I would be very interested in any Blanchet / Blancett /
            Blansit orphan records in that time period. Thank you!

            Janet Wright

            On Jun 22, 2008, at 12:29 PM, robert_s_63134 wrote:

            > I recently became aware that there were orphan records from Jackson
            > County, dating from 1820-1830. The LDS did microfilm the records. I
            > will be viewing that microfilm on Tuesday. If anyone has family names
            > from that period, I will do my best to check them for you. Remember,
            > this is from 1820 to 1830.
            >
            > Robert Schneider

          • robert_s_63134
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 24, 2008
              Hi!

              No, it wasn't too late. I'm sorry. I didn't see any Blancet or
              variations. The file was much more limited than I expected. I
              should have known. I actually was hoping to find more than 100
              surnames, but there weren't that many.

              For someone who has more than a day to spend on the film, it might be
              profitable to scan every single will record. Though there were few
              wills, many of the estate sales listed every single buyer. Someone
              in your family might show up as a buyer at an estate sale. I'm
              sorry, but I just didn't have time to search every single page. I
              guess it's possible I might have missed Carrs, Dents, Keiths, etc.,
              but I just couldn't do it. Unfortunately, also, buyer names didn't
              show up in the index.

              I guess the overal lack of recorded wills makes sense. My families
              all lived north of the river, in the current day Stevenson area. As
              I understand it, court was first held in Sauta Cave. Once Bellefonte
              was established, most families north of the river found it hard to
              get to Bellefonte. At least, that's what the local history people
              tell me.

              Robert Schneider

              --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon Dover Romanek"
              <sromanek@...> wrote:

              > I would be interested in the Blancet/Blanchett/Blancit names as
              well Robert. Hope it is not too late. I imagine if you sent them to
              Janet you could forward the message to me if you do not post it to
              the list.

              > Thanks
              > Sharon Dover Romanek
              > Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
              > Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...
              >
              > Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston,
              Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

              > I hear ethereal whispers, persuasive,
              > soft and still, "Daughter, if you don't
              > remember us, who will ?"
            • Sharon Dover Romanek

              • zrcb@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 26, 2008
                  Sharon
                  My nasme is Charles Boyd. I have talked to you before about Otho Shrader
                  who was married to my 2nd cousin Allie Boyd Meeker.
                  What I was wondering when you were looking through the orphan records did
                  they cover 1864-1870 in Jackson County Alabama.
                  My GGgrandparents died in Scottsboro in the early 1860's and their 2
                  youngest children disappeared. They didn't move with their sisters.
                  Their names were Robert Boyd and William Boyd brothers. Robert Boyd was my
                  Ggrandfather and William Boyd was my GGuncle.
                  Thank you in advance for any help. And thank you for listening.
                  Chuck

                • Sharon Dover Romanek

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
                      Sharon
                      Thanks for the response to my email. I just need information on Robert
                      and William Boyd.
                      Thanks
                      Chuck