Re: Joseph Parks son of Robert C. Parks

  • tongtiedtwisted
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
      Clay,

      This very well could be and I will check further on this.

      One of my ancestors followed a similar route, coming to Texas after
      the War, and coming to the same area his father tried to go to year's
      earlier.

      Also, Washington County is only 2 couties over from where my Hamilton
      group settled when they came to Texas (Williamson Co).

      My Ready/Reddy ancestor (whom I believe to be from Jackson Co AL)
      first went to Washington Co c 1850. Subsequent Hamilton descendants
      did live in that area over periods of time.

      Thanks so much.

      Pam

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Clay Gullatt
      <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

      > 1870 Pct 2 Washington Co. TX
      > House/Family 5
      > Joseph Parks 24 Farmer AL
      > Hella 18 Keeping House TX
      > Married Sept 1869
      >
      > This may be Robert C.'s son Joseph could not find on any later
      census.

      > Robert C. Parks sister Eliza Brown Parks m. Richard L. Kirby
      (Lawyer Dick) their son John Parks Kirby married my Great-aunt Jane
      Gullatt 08 Apr 1869 they moved to OK.