Re: [jacksongenealogy] Joseph Parks son of Robert C. Parks

  • zrcb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
      I noticed that you are related to Richard L Kirby (Lawyer Dick).
      Do you know anything about Belle Boyd who was married to Thomas JH Kirby.
      When he passed away she had % children with Richard L Kirby. Thomas JH
      Kirby's uncle who lived right down the road from them. I am trying to find out
      where Belle and Thomas JH Kirby are buried. I would think maybe the Kirby
      cemetery.
      Thank you
      Chuck Boyd
      P.S. Arrabella(Belle) Boyd Kirby was my GGAunt

      Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

    • tongtiedtwisted
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
        Clay,

        This very well could be and I will check further on this.

        One of my ancestors followed a similar route, coming to Texas after
        the War, and coming to the same area his father tried to go to year's
        earlier.

        Also, Washington County is only 2 couties over from where my Hamilton
        group settled when they came to Texas (Williamson Co).

        My Ready/Reddy ancestor (whom I believe to be from Jackson Co AL)
        first went to Washington Co c 1850. Subsequent Hamilton descendants
        did live in that area over periods of time.

        Thanks so much.

        Pam

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Clay Gullatt
        <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

        > 1870 Pct 2 Washington Co. TX
        > House/Family 5
        > Joseph Parks 24 Farmer AL
        > Hella 18 Keeping House TX
        > Married Sept 1869
        >
        > This may be Robert C.'s son Joseph could not find on any later
        census.

        > Robert C. Parks sister Eliza Brown Parks m. Richard L. Kirby
        (Lawyer Dick) their son John Parks Kirby married my Great-aunt Jane
        Gullatt 08 Apr 1869 they moved to OK.