Joseph Parks son of Robert C. Parks

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2008
      1870 Pct 2 Washington Co. TX
      House/Family 5
      Joseph Parks 24 Farmer AL
      Hella 18 Keeping House TX
      Married Sept 1869

      This may be Robert C.'s son Joseph could not find on any later census.

      Robert C. Parks sister Eliza Brown Parks m. Richard L. Kirby (Lawyer Dick) their son John Parks Kirby married my Great-aunt Jane Gullatt 08 Apr 1869 they moved to OK.

    • Malbuff
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2008
        Any of these Parks related to William Delaney Parks (1812-1888) of Scottsboro,
        or his son John W Parks (1839-1875), mayor of Scottsboro after the war?

        Glory to God,

        David Malbuff
        Strasburg, Virginia

      • zrcb@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
          Clay
          I noticed that you are related to Richard L Kirby (Lawyer Dick).
          Do you know anything about Belle Boyd who was married to Thomas JH Kirby.
          When he passed away she had % children with Richard L Kirby. Thomas JH
          Kirby's uncle who lived right down the road from them. I am trying to find out
          where Belle and Thomas JH Kirby are buried. I would think maybe the Kirby
          cemetery.
          Thank you
          Chuck Boyd
          P.S. Arrabella(Belle) Boyd Kirby was my GGAunt

          Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

        • tongtiedtwisted
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
            Clay,

            This very well could be and I will check further on this.

            One of my ancestors followed a similar route, coming to Texas after
            the War, and coming to the same area his father tried to go to year's
            earlier.

            Also, Washington County is only 2 couties over from where my Hamilton
            group settled when they came to Texas (Williamson Co).

            My Ready/Reddy ancestor (whom I believe to be from Jackson Co AL)
            first went to Washington Co c 1850. Subsequent Hamilton descendants
            did live in that area over periods of time.

            Thanks so much.

            Pam

            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Clay Gullatt