CROW CREEK VALLEY FAMILIES

  • macatjax
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2008
      To anyone who is related to families in this area, I would recommend
      that you purchase a copy of "The Stevenson Story" by Eliza Mae (Bricoe)
      Woodall. It is available from the Stevenson Depot Museum" and the cost
      is about $20.00. Mrs. Woodall was my 2nd cousin and is deceased. She
      told my that there were about 63 original families who settled this
      area; most of them coming in very early.

      I will do what I can if you will contact me. All of my maternal
      families are from this area which starts at Stevenson and goes north on
      Hwy. 117 to the TN State Line (Anderson). I was born in Jackson Co.,
      but I live in FL.

      Clay and others have access to the Census and other records of AL which
      I do not at present.

      Sincerely,

      Marymac Johnson