8933GREAT COOLEY REUNION

  • Regina Pipes
    Sep 8, 2007
      Just got home from our COOLEY (Families of James William and Annie SMITH
      COOLEY) reunion that was held this year at KENNAMER COVE TRADING POST in
      Woodville, Alabama. It isn't to far from Cathedral Caverns. What a great
      place for the reunion. If you have never been there and are in the area you
      should check it out. There is a lot of history in that building and the
      cedar in the building came off the KENNAMER farm land. Wish you could smell
      the place, it smells so good. I just can't describe it to give it justice.
      They have a display of old photos of the area. Some of the photos were taken
      by Jay GURLEY, the original owner of Cathedral Caverns. I was told that they
      have two rooms that they rent for almost any event. They had plenty of
      parking also. We had so much fun. One of the cousins, Danny STEWART
      brought his guitar and we sang for a while. I think next year will even be
      a little better since Danny broke the ice by bringing his guitar and sang.
      Everyone really enjoyed it. Just had to share my excitement about KENNAMER
      COVE TRADING POST. This was my first visit there but hope to go back and
      check it out when I really have time to look around. They have a wall of
      Buck heads, stuff bear, and other wild life on display and a beautiful
      waterfall with rocks that were carried out of the mountains locally.

      Thanks for listening to my rambling
      Regina

      Searching for COOLEY, GRIDER, STEWART, WALDEN, GOLD, WININGER

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      1:24 PM
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic