8932Re: Messages

  • Shelley
    Sep 8, 2007

      I have written here in a while. I am researching CARTER,COOPER, MONTROSE in
      Jackson County.

      William Montrose was superintendent of Jackson County Schools in the 1800's.
      He and his wife taught at the College in Scottsboro. Any information on
      William G. Montrose would be greatly appreciated.

      Does anyone have any information about a shooting at the Bridgeport Ferry
      where I believe the story is that James Clayton Cooper shot a man in self
      defense? This probably happened in the 1920'1930's.

      I am also trying to find the parents of William Alexander Barnett "WAB"
      Carter any information there would be greatly appreciated.

      Shelley Carter-Frady