8456Confederate Soldiers From Limestone County, Alabama

  • Loretta Simmons
    Jun 6, 2007
      Sometimes around 1997 a book was written by Jerrye Todd Ashton, and Published by
      Joseph E. Johnston, Chapter No. 198 UDAC Titled, "Confederate Soldiers From
      Limestone County, Alabama "Lest We Forget."

      My Great Great Grandfather David C. Bentley fought in the Civil War in the Alabama 9th
      Infantry, Company "F" under Alabama Statesman Major Thomas H. Hobbs, both of which
      were from Limestone County in the Pettusville, Al. area, I therefore would be very much
      interested in obtaining any one's used copy of this book, as it supposedly provides all known
      Soldiers that served in the Civil War from Limestone, as well as sources used from Tombstones, The 1907 Confederate Census, Newspaper Articles, Rosters, and the 1920
      list of Confederate Soldiers, among others.

      I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has, and wishes to part with the above mentioned book, as well as any genealogy history/information with respect to David C.
      Bentley, and Thomas H. Hobbs of Limestone County, especially any Civil War information
      regarding either.

      Dwight Simmons
      25 Forest Green Drive
      Springfield, IL. 62711