8026Samuel Taylor family

  • robert_s_63134
    Dec 29, 2006
      If anyone is researching the Samuel McDaniel Taylor/Mary Brinson
      family, I might have found something interesting. I found a document
      in a Franklin County Deed Book indicating that a Samuel Taylor gave
      actual power of attorney to James Taylor. James then proceeded to sell
      land on behalf of Samuel.

      Question is was this Samuel Taylor the same as the one who can be
      located in the 1850 Franklin County, TN census? Sam lived in Jackson
      County, AL and can be found in the 1830 and 1840 censuses. He moved to
      Franklin County, TN between 1840 and 1850. One of his daughters was
      Nancy Taylor who married John Carr. They were my 4th gr grandparents.

      The Taylors were related to the Carr and Edwards families of Jackson
      County, AL.

      I'd be glad to hear from anybody out there!

      Robert Schneider
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic