8010Re: Michael Thomas Mitchell/Elizabeth Jane Swaim

  • cmitchellbox
    Dec 14, 2006
      YES I have found your Michael Swaim with slightly different info but
      they are my Swaims. I stumbled onto a web site that showed 426
      Swaims! I'ved only just begun researching.
      ID: I2307
      Name: Michael Swaim
      Sex: M
      Birth: ABT 1755 in ,Rowan,North Carolina
      Death: ABT 1840 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
      Marriage 1 Sarah Rigdon b: ABT 1758 in of,Guilford,North Carolina
      Married: 24 JUL 1775 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
      Note: !this list of children of Michael SWAIM & Sarah RIGDON is
      incomplete
      Children
      Levi Swaim b: ABT 1776 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
      William Swaim b: ABT 1778 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
      Michael Swaim b: 17 FEB 1781 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
      John Enoch Swaim b: 3 APR 1782 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
      Silas Swaim b: ABT 1785 in ,Guilford,North Carolina
      Sarah Swaim b: 29 SEP 1787 in ,Guilford,North Carolina

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "cmitchellbox"
      <cmitchellbox@...> wrote:

      > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, altafae@ wrote:
      > >
      > > I was just working on my Sanders, and came across this name - do
      > you believe
      > > these Swaim have anything to do with Elizabeth Jane?
      > >

      > > Descendants of Michael Swaim
      > >

      > > Generation No. 1
      > >
      > > 1. MICHAEL1 SWAIM was born 1752 in Rowan, NC, USA, and died
      > 1800 in
      > > Guilford, NC, USA. He married SARAH RIGDON. She was born 1758
      > in Guilford, NC,
      > > USA, and died 1810 in Guilford, NC, USA.
      > > Child of MICHAEL SWAIM and SARAH RIGDON is:
      > > 2. i. SILAS2 SWAIM, b. 1790, Guilford, NC, USA; d.
      > 1849,
      > > Jackson, AL, USA.
      > >
      > > Generation No. 2
      > >
      > > 2. SILAS2 SWAIM (MICHAEL1) was born 1790 in Guilford, NC,
      USA,
      > and died
      > > 1849 in Jackson, AL, USA. He married (1) TEMPERANCE WALL 02
      Nov
      > 1831 in
      > > Randolph, NC, USA. She was born 1800 in Randolph, NC, USA, and
      > died 1860 in
      > > Jackson, AL, USA. He married (2) CATHERINE JONES 30 Jul
      1805.
      > She was born
      > > 1788 in Guilford, NC, USA, and died 1830 in Randolph, NC, USA.
      > > More About SILAS SWAIM and TEMPERANCE WALL:
      > > Marriage: 02 Nov 1831, Randolph, NC, USA
      > > More About SILAS SWAIM and CATHERINE JONES:
      > > Marriage: 30 Jul 1805
      > > Children of SILAS SWAIM and TEMPERANCE WALL are:
      > > i. DANIEL3 SWAIM, b. 1832, Jackson, AL, USA; d. 1880, AL,
      USA.
      > > ii. SILAS CHRISTOPHER SWAIM, b. 25 Dec 1833, NC, USA; d. 27
      > Jan 1914,
      > > Jackson, AL, USA.
      > > iii. MARTHA SWAIM, b. 1836, NC, USA.
      > > iv. NANCY SWAIM, b. 1840, NC, USA.
      > > Children of SILAS SWAIM and CATHERINE JONES are:
      > > 3. v. MICHAEL3 SWAIM, b. 1801, NC, USA; d. 07 Apr
      > 1860,
      > > Montgomery, AR, USA.
      > > 4. vi. JESSE ABNER SWAIM, b. 22 Jun 1819, NC, USA.
      > > vii. SWAIM, b. 1821, NC, USA.
      > >
      > > Generation No. 3
      > >
      > > 3. MICHAEL3 SWAIM (SILAS2, MICHAEL1) was born 1801 in NC,
      > USA, and died
      > > 07 Apr 1860 in Montgomery, AR, USA. He married REBECCA
      SANDERS
      > 1835,
      > > daughter of GEORGE SANDERS and PHOEBE SAUNDERS. She was born
      > 05 Jan 1807 in
      > > Randolph, NC, USA, and died 1860 in Sulphur Springs,
      Montgomery,
      > AR, USA.
      > > More About MICHAEL SWAIM:
      > > Residence: 1850, Not Stated, Marion, Arkansas
      > > More About MICHAEL SWAIM and REBECCA SANDERS:
      > > Marriage: 1835
      > > Children of MICHAEL SWAIM and REBECCA SANDERS are:
      > > i. PHOEBE CATHERINE4 SWAIM, b. 1832, AL, USA.
      > > ii. GEORGE S SWAIM, b. 1834, AL, USA.
      > > iii. SYLAS W SWAIM, b. 1836, Marion, AR, USA.
      > > iv. MARY JANE SWAIN, b. 1839, AL, USA; d. Mt Ida,
      Montgomery,
      > AR, USA.
      > > v. DEBORAH ANN SWAIM, b. 1841, AL, USA; d. Montgomery, AR,
      > USA.
      > > vi. SARAH E SWAIM, b. 1844, AL, USA.
      > > vii. CHARLES SWAIM, b. 1845, AL, USA.
      > > Notes for CHARLES SWAIM:
      > > U.S. Census > 1850 United States Federal Census > Arkansas >
      > Marion > Not
      > > Stated: Not in household this census year.
      > > viii. MARTHA E SWAIM, b. 1846, AL, USA.
      > > ix. EZEKIEL SWAIM, b. 1850, Marion, AR, USA.
      > > 4. JESSE ABNER3 SWAIM (SILAS2, MICHAEL1) was born 22 Jun
      > 1819 in NC,
      > > USA. He married (1) MARY JANE FONES in NC, USA. She was
      born
      > 1819 in NC,
      > > USA. He married (2) SARAH ANDERSON.
      > > More About JESSE ABNER SWAIM:
      > > Residence: 1860, Belews Creek, Forsyth, North Carolina
      > > More About JESSE SWAIM and MARY FONES:
      > > Marriage: NC, USA
      > > Children of JESSE SWAIM and MARY FONES are:
      > > i. JOHN4 SWAIM, b. 1829, NC, USA.
      > > ii. PHEOBE SWAIM, b. 1832, NC, USA.
      > > iii. RACHAEL SWAIM, b. 1835, NC, USA.
      > > iv. ANDREW J SWAIM, b. 1848, Belews Creek, Forsyth, NC, USA.
      > >

      > None of these Swaims are familiar BUT that doesn't mean they are
      not
      > related. I do know Elizabeth had 2 brothers named Michael Richard
      > and Stephen Moses.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic