7823Re: Thomas Galloway NC>AL

  • Dianne
    Sep 10, 2006
      Hello Melissa,

      Thomas R. and Anna Galloway were my gr-gr-gr-grandparents. I really
      do not know where in NC they migrated from but it may have been
      Buncombe Co., NC. Just haven't found a trace of them yet prior to
      1850 census. I did find a Thomas Galloway in Franklin Co., NC but he
      was listed as being between 50-60 yrs. old . He may be kin, but I
      really don't know.

      My gr-gr-grandfather was Thomas Miles Kimsey Galloway who married
      Nancy Mirilda "Mirildy" Patterson in Jackson Co., AL.

      Dianne Blakley

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "fl_melissa" <fl_melissa@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi all!,
      >
      > The following is from the 1850 census of Jackson Co AL:
      >
      > Galliway Thomas 48 M Farmer N Carolina
      > Galliway Anney 47 F N Carolina
      > Galliway Malinda 22 F N Carolina
      > Galliway Liddy 18 F N Carolina
      > Galliway Margret 16 F N Carolina
      > Galliway Thomas 13 M Alabama
      > Galliway William 11 M Alabama
      >
      > I don't know where in NC Thomas and family lived, but I wondered if
      > anyone recognized them from western NC?? If so, who is he related to??
      >
      > Thomas's son Thomas married a daughter of John and Sarah Beasley
      > Patterson.
      >
      > Much thanks,
      > Melissa

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic