6766Re: [jacksongenealogy] marriage records For Pat Loper

  • Helen Bailey
    Jan 2, 2006
      Hello Pat

      I am looking over old messages and came across yours. I don't know if I can be of much help and I don't see looking through that any one else has helped but it is worth a try.

      I live in Etowah County, Alabama, We have much information on De Kalb County in our library. There is a three volume set of marriage records for De Kalb county. I was able to find for a cousin of my the name of her Great grandmother. I don't remember how far this goes back but I know at least to 1856 I found my Great Great Grandfathers marriage there. Some of the records are missing and all it gives is the name of the groom name of the bride the date they were married and the book/page it is located in. I will print this off and take it with me the next time I go. I work third shift and I am coming up to my off days. Have some catching up to do since the holidays are gone. I have put my bones in the drawer for a while and have to dig them out again. I will see if they have any information. I don't know when I will get there but perhaps in the next week or two.

      Helen
      Phil 4:4

      Pat Loper <ploper@...> wrote:
      Thanks Clay

      I am looking for marriage records For a Nelly (Ellen) Padgett to ______
      Buchanon early 1850's then to James E. Richardson / Ritcherson (various
      spellings) late 1850's to mid 1860. Thomas J. Padgett to Rhoda ____. about
      1860. I think someone said most of the Dekalb county records were destroyed
      during the war but I am hopeful.Thanks again.
      Pat