4973Re: Bradfords or Mackeys (sp?)

  • cy2allthat
    Mar 14, 2005
      Lula Bell's father was William Andrew Jackson Mackin, born October
      24, 1873 in Alabama; died March 21, 1949 in Jackson County,
      Alabama. Her mother was Jayla Brooks Mackin, born January 13, 1882
      in Jackson County, Alabama; died May 13, 1911 in Jackson County.
      They are buried in Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery in
      Jackson County, Alabama. William Andrew Jackson Mackin was my great
      grandmother's brother. She was Elizabeth Mackin married to James
      William McCarver. I have a copy of both William and Elizabeth's
      death certificates that state their parents as William & Mary Baker
      Mackin. William and Elizabeth's father is also listed as Hiram on
      the 1880 census in Jackson County, Alabama. According to my
      grandmother's death certificate her father was born in Tennessee.
      Which of Lula's children are you descended from?

      --- In
      jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "mucsnarb" <mucsnarb@y...> wrote:

      > Looking for any information on the Bradfords or the Mackeys in
      > Jackson County, AL. My grandfather was Hal Bradford, married to
      Lula
      > Bell Mackey. They were both born in the late 1890's. The spelling
      on
      > her last name may not be correct, could be Mackin, McKee. Her
      father
      > was a Mackey.
      >
      > My mom grew up there, and went high school there, but then they
      moved
      > to Huntland, TN, where she graduated.
      >
      > I had an uncle, Jack, who lived in Hollywood, AL, until his death,
      > believe in the late 1980's.
      >
      > A few years ago, I found a cemetary listing for an Andrew Mackey,
      > again not clear on the spelling, and his wife. I can't find it
      now,
      > and unfortunately I can't remember her name.
      >
      > Any help, or leads, would be appreciated.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic