4395Re: [jacksongenealogy] Surnames I'm researching in Jackson County, AL.

  • Sharon Henson
    Sep 6, 2004
      I am researching the following that lived in Jackson County, Ala. They are: Wilson, Eliga born February, 1835 in South Carolina UNK parents married Sarah E. Stogsdill born 1846 {I think} in 1869. Had the following children---Benjamin F. {1870}; Verginia E. better known as Lizzie {which is on her tombstone in Pisgah Cemetary} 1873; Thomas A. born 1974; James C. born 1876; and Susan Angeline {better know as Angie or Ange}, my Grandmother, March 29, 1879 give or take a year. Susan Angeline married John Nelson Gay after his first wife died on July 8, 1907 and moved to San Saba County, Texas; where she lived until she died in 1976.
      John Nelson Gay was the son of Samuel Gay and Elizabeth Milligan and was born in Jackson County, Ala. in February of 1836 Died in 1914 in San Saba County, Texas. {John Nelson Gay's first wife was Mary Ann Webster. They married in 1860, I think. They had 3 children a boy in 1865 in Texas, I think, and twin girls, unk. when but they died about 12 years as far as I know. Mary Ann better known as Mollie died in 1906 in San Saba County, Texas.
      From what I am told both Mollie and Angie answered ads put in newspapers by John Nelson Gay.
      John Nelson Gay was born in Old Bellefont Jackson, Ala. and Angie was born in Pisgah, Jackson, Ala.
      If anyone has any information on these people or has them in you line of ancestors, I would be interested in talking to you.
      You can email me at this address or at sharon.henson@... rhodasharon1944@...
      Thanking You in Advance,
      Rhoda Sharon Langham Henson

      Karen Groce <wgroce@...> wrote:
      Surnames I'm researching in Jackson County (and also Marshall County):
      Berry - family of William Berry, b. 1795 in SC, whose wife was Nancy
      Birdwell - family of Abraham Birdwell
      Bullock - family of John Laddie Bullock of Robeson Co. NC
      Fletcher - family of Wm.>James>James Benjamin Fletcher, who md. Elizabeth Kennamer
      Hall - family of Hosea Farmer Hall, s/o Thomas and Nancy (Wood) Hall
      Isbell - family of John W. Isbell who md. Sarah Roden
      Kennamer - family of David Kennamer, who md. Amy Killingsworth
      Mansfield - family of Elizabeth Mansfield who md. Samuel McGehee
      Maxwell - family of David, whose daughter Sarah E. md. Azariah McGehee
      McGehee - family of William McGehee who md. Direna Shelton
      Pace - family of William Pace who md. Elizabeth Wininger
      Roden - family of Levi Roden
      Selvage - family of William Selvage who md. Sarah Jane Birdwell
      Shelton - family of Direna (descendant of Ralph Shelton of Pittsylvania Co. VA)
      Wininger - family of David Wininger
      Wright - family of James Bradford Wright

      I'd love to discuss any of these families with anyone who has an interest in them.

      Karen Groce
      wgroce@...

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT