340Dotson/Dodson Family

  • DebraD2823@xxx.xxx
    Nov 2, 1999
      My great-great grandfather William M. Dotson enlisted in Co. E, 4th Regiment
      (Russell's) Alabama Cavalry is Stevenson Alabama on September 8, 1862 (his
      age was 25). He lived and died (October 12, 1913) in Wilkes County, North
      Carolina in the years following the Civil War. I have looked for years for
      his parents. Imagine my suprise when I found out he came from Alabama
      (though he states he was born in Tennessee in census records) - talk about
      reverse migration.

      I believe that it is entirely possible that he is the Wm Dodson listed in
      household #236 in the 1860 Jackson County Census as:

      Wm Dodson 22M 100 Tenn
      H. W. 19F Ala
      Wm 4M Ala
      Susannah 1 F Ala

      I do not see him listed at all in any household in the 1850 Jackson County
      Census. Does anyone know anything about my William? or anything about the
      Dotson/Dodson Family of Jackson County ? Does anyone know what happened to
      obvious wife H. W. and children?

      Debra Dotson
      Debrad2823@...
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic