      From: Foristerpf@...
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 4:48 PM
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] History of Dutton, Alabama Post Office ??

      kingry@... writes:

      > are u sure it is not Dothon Alabama

      Dothan is in the southern part of Alabama. I have no ancestors from Dothan,
      Alabama. My mom's ancestors lived in Dutton and Section, Alabama. My surnames
      are ZEIGLER, MURPHREE, MCKENZIE, HUGHES, SIMMONS, SLOAN (SLONE).

      My mom told me that her grandmother at one time ran the Dutton Post Office.
      That it was in the back of their house. Recently another distant cousin in my
      SIMMONS family sent me copies of notes his mother wrote back in the early
      1970's and in her notes she wrote that some of our ancestors helped start and run
      the post office. Not sure if this is fact but wanted to find any kind of
      documents to it.

      Thanks,
      Phoebe

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor