2398Re: WALLACE, IRBY, CAMERON, MITCHELL, HAMILTON

  • Harry Hamilton
    Apr 30, 2003
      I believe my HAMILTONs (or HAMBLETONs) were in Jackson County in 1830.
      Abraham HAMBLETON married Ellen BERRY, probably in eastern Tennessee before
      1827. They had two sons, James and Thomas (who always stated they had been
      born in Tennessee) in 1827 and 1829. They moved to Jackson County in time
      for the 1830 census. A daughter, Caroline might have been born in Jackson
      County in 1832. The HAMBLETONs moved to Green County, Missouri, prior to
      1834.

      Benjamin HAMBLETON, Abraham's brother, lived a few houses away from Abraham
      in the 1830 census. He is living with an extended family that suggests that
      he while he is head of the family his or his wife's parents or a sibling's
      family is living with him. I believe that at this time Benjamin has been
      widowed as the two children that he did have always claimed their mother was
      from a different state than the woman he was married to at the time of his
      death in Barry County, Missouri. His second wife's name first name was
      Rebecca.

      Harry

      Harry S. Hamilton
      genseeker06@...