2363Re: [jacksongenealogy] gullatte/sharp ake/steeley
- Apr 4, 2003Hi Charlotte:
1. From 1930 census: (1) Ake, Malinda, Head, 56, Widow b. TN parents b. US.; (2) Christian, Lousia, daughter, 34, Widow, b. TN parents b. TN; (3) Ake, Lillian M. daughter 20, single, b. TN parents b. TN; (4) Ake, Raina? daughter 18 single, b. TN parents b. TN; (5) Anderson, David 15 grandson, b. TN, parents b. TN; (6) Anderson, Lucinda? 12 granddaughter, b. TN, parents b. TN; (7) Anderson, Lula 10 granddaughter, b. TN, parents, b. TN; (8), Bessie, 08 granddaughter, b. TN, parents b. TN.
2. From a family tree: mother, Malinda Chavers, father not listed, daughter Lousia Chavers b. 1885 m. Andrew Anderson 03 Sep 1900 Franklin Co TN. Andrew must have died between 1919 and 1921 as Lula Anderson is listed as 10 and Bessie Christian as 8. Lousia's 2nd husband had died by 1930 as well. Still no answer as to what Milanda/Malinda's maiden name was or who the Steeley was. .
3. a. Erma Gullatt and Mary Emma Gullatt who each married a Sharp.. You say their father's name was Jeff. Do you know if Erma's full name was Sarah Erma? I have a Sarah E. Gullatt b. 1879 who was the daughter of Thomas Jefferson Gullatt Jr.b. 1850 d. 06 Oct 1914 and his first wife A.E. (unknown)b. 1854 Gullatt. Mary Emma and James William Sharp appear on the 1900 and 1930 census. 1900 gives their birth dates as Mary Emma's Sep 1882 and James W.'s Mar 1879. both b. AL parents b. AL The only thing wrong with that is A. E. (unknown) Gullatt the first wife was b. in TX, however she may have died before Mary Emma was old enogh to know where her mother was born..
b. The other possibility is Jefferson D.(Bud) Gullatt b.24 Feb 1860 d. 20 Nov 1895 my great-uncle and his wife Ida Craven Gullatt, however I know of no children they had..
4. a. Thomas Jefferson Gullatt lived in the Hollywood area of Jackson Co. as did the Sharps. Jefferson D. Gullatt lived in the Dutton area on the other side of the TN river.
b. Thomas Jefferson Gullatt on the 1900 census lists: wife Mary A. b. 1858, and daughters Cintha b. Oct 1882 and Luella b. 1884 but these could be step-daughters don't know.
7. Anyway you descend from one of these, twin brothers, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson Gullatt b. 15 Apr 1820 Jackson Co. AL Parents: John Gullatt b. abt 1771/73 Truro Parish Fairfax Co. VA d. Aug/Sep 1824 Jackson Co. AL, and Manerva Catherine Yancy Mitchell Gullatt b. 1775/77 VA d. 1861 Bellefonte, Jackson Co. AL (James Madison was my Great-grandfather).
6. Go to the gullatt message board on other info on the Gullatt's back to 1711.
Hope someone in Jackson County can come up with some better answers on Erma and Mary Emma's parents. If you have a copy of Mary Emma and James W. Sharp's wedding certificate are there any other names on it other than the minister M. Hill?
Clay Gullatt, Mount Airy, NC
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>