    Feb 22, 2014
      Thank you all for your replies. I feel that typhoid fever may have been involved, or perhaps there was a tornado ??... perplexing.  Good to see you online Brenda! Hope we can solve this mystery!

       Brenda McLain

      On Saturday, February 22, 2014 2:49 PM, Bbrock1945 <bbrock1945@...> wrote:

      Hello
      I do not know about an epidemic in 1857 but would like to know if anyone knows of a Christine/Christina/Christiana Williams who may have died about that time.  She was the wife of John Williams who died previous to 1850.  I can't find her anywhere after 1850.  The family were members of Paint Rock Baptist Church so found Brenda's post of interest!

      Thanks
      Brenda Vanderpool Brockman
      -----Original Message-----
      From: brenda_mclain <brenda_mclain@...>
      To: jacksongenealogy <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sat, Feb 22, 2014 11:32 am
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson County in 1857- was there an epidemic of some kind?

      Does anyone know if there was an epidemic or a natural disaster in Jackson County around 1857? I have several members of my Blackwell family that died during that year, along with others as noted in the Paint Rock Baptist Church (or Mud Creek?)  church minutes. I find it odd that old and young died all in that year.
      Thanks!

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic