16377Re: [jacksongenealogy] RE: William Alexander Barnett Carter

  • Mary Lou Stone
    Jan 21, 2014
      I received this email several years ago.  I don't know whether it will help or not.  Mary Lou
      From: "amandasienkiewicz@..." <amandasienkiewicz@...>
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:12 AM
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] RE: William Alexander Barnett Carter

      I apologize, I realized I forgot to include birth and death location in my original email after it was too late.

      W.A.B Carter was born 8/30/1824 in Virginia (not sure of county) and died 2/10/1907 in Jackson County, Alabama. He is buried in the McAnelly Cemetery in Scottsboro, Alabama. I have found online that he was married to Mary Finney and from what I could find had several children with her. I haven't been able to verify this information yet. He was also married to Martha Susan Smith who is buried next to him. Martha would be my three times great grandmother. Martha was born in 1837 and died in 1907.

      That is pretty much all the information I have been able to gather. I'd appreciate any information anyone has about William Alexander Barnett Carter.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic