16121Re: DNA testing

  • waccess@bellsouth.net
    Jul 17, 2013
      Right, Christine, and I think that's all 23 and Me, ancestry.com, etc. does is autosomal testing; although I may be wrong. To follow direct paternal or maternal lines, we need to do y-DNA testing for paternal and mtDNA for the maternal line. These can be done through FTDNA, and there's probably others. Autosomal is a mish mash, but can be interesting, none the less.

      By the way, if anyone decides to do the direct line testing, do NOT do the 12-marker y-DNA or lowest level mtDNA tests. They won't give you the information or defined results that you want.