      From: David Malbuff <malbuff@...>
      To: "jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com" <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 3:33 PM
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Re: GEORGE WASHINGTON HIGGINS who married Nancy Smith in 1814

       Frances Elizabeth Higgins is my great-great-aunt; she married William Rutledge Larkin, eldest son of David Larkin.

      I would expect most of these children were taken in by family after 1835; unfortunately the 1840 census only enumerated children. By 1850 most would have been grown.

      I'll see if I can find "Lizzie", or "Granny Larkin" as our family knew her, in 1850 when she was 17.  Her brother William, as Ms Chambless mentions, was a live-in tutor for the Larkin children.

      It appears both G W Higgins and wife died at the same time. It would be most interesting to know what happened.

      Glory to God,

      David Malbuff
      Strasburg, Virginia