15877Re: Wife of Meredith Carter?

  • Marge
    Jan 30, 2013
      I searched with just Sisk in AL, Sisk in Jackson county AL...then Carter the same. Then any state for Eliz* Sisk exact and soundex. Then omitted the state.

      I have a similar problem with my hubby's maternal line. Oliver Patterson's death certificate says he was born in 1866, and his spouse was Letitia Blackmon.

      Oliver Patterson and Letitia Blackmon/Blackman married in 1840...hmmm...but family insisted the death certificate can't be wrong...But something just didn't fit for me...agewise...date wise...but, since a "certified" genealogist was paid and did the research I accepted it and included on my ecam82006a ancestry family file...till I spent a night looking at records...the father of Oliver was also Oliver & HE married Letitia Blackmon in 1840(ish)...I found them on a couple census'...on one I found two other Oliver's who could be the one born in 1866...and since the kids all had similar names..Golda for one...names that had to be family names...I just can't figure it out...yet.

      I let the family know at a reunion...they took the info...never have contacted me since...said they would look at old photos, etc for clues...but I'm a hobby genealogist, not a Certified/paid genealogist, so what do I know? Sheesh! I know Oliver couldn't marry 26 years before his own birth...lol.

      Oliver b 1866 did mary a Letitia...but not in 1840.
      Marge
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic