      From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jerry Triplett
      Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:57 PM
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Consumption -- 1880's

      I have an ancestor that was born near Bridgeport about 1830. I cannot find
      her in the 1880 census but I'm sure she died in Aug 1880. In the 1880 Census
      (taken in June) her husband is shown as living, obviously, and is shown as
      married. Death records show her as dying from consumption (TB) in Aug 1880.

      Was there any kind of home or TB hospital in Jackson County in the 1880's?
      The one page of the death register where I found her indicates that a fair
      number were dying from TB at that time.

      Jerry in Chattanooga