      From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com [mailto:jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Charles McCutchen
      Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:19 PM
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Consumption -- 1880's

      I had a relative who died of consumption in 1899. He was taken to Section,AL and then New Mexico. I would assume there was a home for people with TB at Section but I doubt it would be anything like a hospital. I know they tried to change climates to fight it and probably the only places to do that in that area were at higher altitudes.