      From: Doug Parker <drparker@...>
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:11 PM
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Alabama Nitre and Mining Corps.

      My gg grandfather, Capt. James Harvey Young commanded a group of soldiers
      that acted as guards for the mining operation at Sauta Cave; as well as a
      cave in DeKalb County. Included in this group was a sixteen ? year old named

      William T. Bennett; however I failed to find him listed on the roster I
      have. He was the gg uncle of my daughter-in-law Teresa Bennett Parker of
      Gurley, AL. Perhaps you can give me some guidance on my inquiry, for another
      source of reference. Bennett was one of the last CSA veterans in the state,
      and also served with

      M.E. Johnson's cavalry unit. Thanks for any help.

      drparker@...