      From: Mark Klan <mark@...>
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] UPDATED: Family of Martha "Mattie" Jane Evans
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 9:34 AM

      Hi Jimmie and others -

      I've not been posting on this list for a long while, but I'd like to inquire about Delilah Ann Precise connection mentioned below.

      My mother is a Precise, and I've got quite a bit of info on the Precises, but I'm unfamiliar with this daughter of William Precise & Deliah Hawkins. The 1840 Jackson County census for William Precise and family shows four children aged 14 & below, all male (likely James P, John F, Clement, and Thomas). The 1850 JC Census for the household gives the names William & Delilah, with children John, Clemen, Thomas, Ambros, Robert, David, William, and Joseph S. There's no evidence in these census records of a daughter.

      The closest match to a "Delilah Ann Precise" I have is a daughter Delilah A. Precise born to John F. & Eliza Ann (Sanders) Precise. This Delilah A. was born in 1854, and in 1870 she appears to be living in the household with her grandparents (William & Deliah/Delilah), shown there as age 14. Obviously, this Delilah A. is too young to have married Jessie Evans in 1858.

      So I'm wondering if you have a marriage record or other documentation for the Delilah Ann Precise shown below as having married Jessie Evans in 1860. I'd be very interested in this, because I've seen other informal claims about a daughter for the original Jackson County William & Delilah Precise, but no real evidence.

      Thanks in advance.

      Mark

      Saturday, October 15, 2011, 4:47:19 PM, Jimmie Ryan wrote:
      > Descendants of Jessie Evans

      > Generation 1

      > 1. JESSIE1 EVANS was born on 05 Feb 1836 in Belefonte,
      > Jackson, AL, USA. He died on 24 Oct 1895. He married (1) MARY JANE
      > COX on 25 Oct 1865 in Jackson, AL, USA. She was born in 1848 in AL,
      > USA. He married (2) DELILAH ANN PRECISE in 1858 in Belefonte,
      > Jackson, AL, USA, daughter of William Precise and Deliah Hawkins.
      > She was born in 1838 in Jackson, AL, USA. She died before Jun 1864 in Scottsboro, Jackson, AL, USA.

      {snip}

      > Jessie Evans and Delilah Ann Precise had the following children:

      > vii. SUSAN EVANS (daughter of Jessie Evans and Delilah Ann
      > Precise) was born in Jan 1860 in Belefonte, Jackson, AL, USA.

      > 3. viii. MARTHA JANE C "MATTIE" EVANS (daughter of Jessie
      > Evans and Delilah Ann Precise) was born in Aug 1861 in Jackson, AL,
      > USA. She died in 1935 in Jackson, AL, USA. She married JOHN W
      > SANDERS on 15 Feb 1880 in Jackson, AL, USA, son of Elijah Greenville
      > "Bud" Sanders and Ann B Fannie. He was born in Aug 1859 in AL, USA.
      > He died on 12 Jan 1913 in Jackson, Alabama, United States.

      {snip}