      From: Mark Klan <mark@...>
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Schools in the 1870's in Jackson Co AL
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, April 5, 2011, 5:43 PM

      The Alabama Archives link posted toward the bottom of this email below is the "live" result of a database search (http://www.archives.alabama.gov/civilwar/results.cfm). It won't work to view the output of someone else's search, or as a bookmark for your own search results, or for any other useful purpose because the Alabama archives doesn't include the search terms in the link itself (unlike Ancestry, for example). The database search function works great, but the web implementation is rather weak. Probably more that you wanted to know... :-)

      Anyway, if you ever want to see the results of a search of the Alabama Archives Civil War database, you always have to return to the original search screen and re-run the search from scratch. Here's the correct link:
      http://www.archives.alabama.gov/civilwar/search.cfm

      Hope this helps.

      Mark

      Sunday, April 3, 2011, 10:39:15 PM, Betty wrote:
      > This link is not working, but I will check into this to see if either are my ggggrandfather
      > Thank you
      > Betty

      {reminder of thread snipped}