      From: T'Lene <lemonade4t@...>
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Ancestry Free Civil War Record Access
      To: "jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com" <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 12:10 PM

      Thanks to all. I had never known of footnote.com. Evidently, I've been hiding under a rock.

      T'Lene

      On Apr 2, 2011, at 3:03 PM, John Cook <redrowdy2003@...> wrote:

      Until lately, I subscribed to footnote.com by the month; overall a bit more expensive, but, if I didn't need it, or couldn't pay, I would just cancel it. Yes, they have the images of the Confederate service records; often also letters, receipts, and even receipts given to private citizens and businesses by the Confederate government. It is extremely interesting. I don't think that ancestry.com has any of that, except for the southern claims images. And footnote.com has so much more, and definitely I encourage people to try it out.
      John