      From: Charles McCutchen <chamac45@...>
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, April 1, 2011 9:22:48 PM
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Schools in the 1870's in Jackson Co AL

      I also found a Alabama Civil War Pension record for a John Franklin with a minor
      listed as John Franklin

      John Franklin

      State Filed:

      John Franklin, et AL
      Now this record is hard to read it looks like this last record might be for the
      1st Tennessee Alabama Vidette Cavalry which was Union.  I have a great great
      grandfather who was Gilbreath Guides and Spies which was tied with this unit.
      These men came out of Marshall, Dekalb and Jackson County.  A lot of them were
      mountain men who didn't own a lot of land and saw the Civil War as a planter's
      war.  My ancestor disappeared after the war too. I'll email the image to you.