      From: Fran Hill <fhill2@...>
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, January 6, 2011 10:26:40 PM
      Subject: RE: [jacksongenealogy] WHO WAS PEARL BILLINGTON'S HUSBAND - A COSBY
      GENTLEMAN or A CROSBY GENTLEMAN ??

      Bill—is your family related to a Jackson County AL Hill family whose earliest
      ancestor I can trace is a Thomas Allen Hill b. about 1808 in TN—he marries Nancy
      Unknown, also born in TN about 1810. They are said to move to the area outside
      Bridgeport in their late teens or early twenties and have the first of their 9
      children, Ellis G. Hill, in 1828. Other children include Martha, James,
      Angelina, Thomas Jefferson, Manda, Crissie, Louisa and Sophrona. I have a few
      more names and dates I am happy to provide if these names ring any bells.

      Some of Thomas and Nancy’s descendants do move to Texas about the time you say
      your family did. I know there is more than one Hill family line living in
      Bridgeport area around this time, but I am not able to keep them all straight.
      Despite lots of digging over the years, I haven’t been able to find any earlier
      connection to Thomas Allen and Nancy, even though I believe I am closely related
      to these two through some NC/Tennessee Hill lines. I ‘d be tremendously grateful
      for any suggestions or leads. Many thanks and Happy New Year to you all! Fran
      Hill

      From: TOM F DUNKLIN <dunk1432@... <mailto:dunk1432%40verizon.net> >
      To: Cosby@... <mailto:Cosby%40rootsweb.com>