      Did your George W. Williams (1808-1861) marry Sarah Caroline Wood or Nancy Caroline Vann? I have found both of them listed on family trees with the same group of kids, so somewhere wife Caroline got confused with someone else.

      Martha in California
      Genealogy - So many ancestors...so little time!

      On Aug 9, 2010, at 3:03 PM, Roger Burbank wrote:

      Martha, I'm just getting started on Williams family. I know the Vann family go back to the Cherokee Nation, do you know anything of where William name came from? I have found alot of private trees on ancestry which have not responded yet. Whats your oldest picture? Roger

      --- On Mon, 8/9/10, Martha Wallace <Marthawsv@...> wrote:

      From: Martha Wallace <Marthawsv@...>
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Williams and Vanns
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, August 9, 2010, 2:05 PM

      Roger,

      Yes, this is my family.

      Samuel Williams, Jr., married Margaret Guinn, ca 1807, supposedly in Greene County, Tennessee. They are buried in the Dodson/Williams Cemetery in Limrock, Jackson County, Alabama. Margaret is my brick wall. Do you know anything about her?

      Their son, William Guinn Williams is my GG grandfather and the brother of your George W. Williams. From the Jackson County area, my family moved to Mississippi and then to Texas.

      I've always wondered - what does the W. in George W. Williams stand for? I have seen it as George Washington Williams and as George William Williams. By the way, William Guinn Williams named his son George Washington Williams.

      Martha
      Genealogy - So many ancestors...so little time!

      On Aug 9, 2010, at 7:59 AM, Roger Burbank wrote:

      My Williams are George W. Williams born ca. 1809 in Tennessee, died 1861 in Limrock alabama. He married Nancy D. Vann 1837 in Madison Co. AL. his father was I believe Samuel Williams. 1860 census he is in Paint rock Jackson county. Roger