      From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of keeling_greg
      Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 11:07 AM
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] William McCoy murder, early 1900s

      Hi all.
      Any one have access to this tragic story from the area newspapers or know
      anything about this? William McCoy was knifed from behind with a hawkbill
      knife while working with the reins of a mule in the Fackler area, and the
      man who committed the act later died of smallpox awaiting trial in the
      Jackson Co. jail. A cousin told me of this yesterday; I think I have the
      main points right, but will be very glad for any corrections and/or
      additions to the story.
      Greg